Skip to content

Dark Moon Monks 'Fist' Power?

SergeTroySergeTroy Member Posts: 86
I'm just checking cause I'm confused and wasn't sure if this is a bug or what. In BG:EE DMM's get extra frost damage of 2 on their fists, balanced out against the Sun So with a longer duration and their own better staying power from other abilities. In BG2:EE, they get chill touch and I'm not sure it's doing what the kit description describes? Which will survive as a continuity based rule for the games? And, side item, but I have to say the Sun Soul monk is better giving me what I want in damage than the DMM at defense. Might have looked to get an ice or shadow shield rather than the blur and mirror image abilities. Just some thoughts.

EDIT: Love the portraits on both games and want to use the bald female with a staff(?) Slung behind her back for my own DMM. One wish is that monks could use staffs as that would seem very in keeping from a RP viewpoint.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited September 2014
    Its just a string issue that got missed during the games beta testing. If you actually look at it mechanically it lasts for 60 seconds and all it does is 2 cold damage/hit (as was the case in BGEE). The description is using the wrong string reference so it gives a Chilled Touch's description.

Edit: Ok technically the string reference it needs isn't actually in the game at the moment, but either way its just a text issue not a mechanical issue.
  • SergeTroySergeTroy Member Posts: 86
    Ah, good deal than. Thanks El!