Skip to content

End Game of SoA (Spoilers)

YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
Okay, I have the 5 Tears of Bhaal and I begin to open the door in Hell. The first Tear I used gives me +2 Constitution and then my alignment changed to Chaotic Evil. Why did my alignment go from Chaotic Neutral to Chaotic Evil?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited September 2014
    These are the tests of Sins you did there:Greed, Wrath, selfishness, etc. Every test has a good or evil way to solve. If you solve a test the evil way it will damn you to evil alignment. Because evil is a slippery slope.

I assume you believed the demon of cowardice (named Fear) and enlisted the aid of the evil cloak stitched from the skins of the lovely nymphs? If you have rejected his offer and faced your fears on your own you wouldn't have turned evil as a result.
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Oh. Then... I guess I'm evil now. Who doesn't want magic shiny objects?
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Yet if you chose a good option you don't get turned good. Seems a single act in BG can put you past redemption.
    Yeah, I also think you got the Blackrazor, the cool sword? That's the test of greed, btw. :-)

The fact that you turned evil will not have much impact on your character, who was not a saint to begin with, if you were a ranger or paladin you would have been 'fallen' and lost your special bonuses right now.

In the Throne of Bhaal you turning evil may change some of the interactions in the game. As the game progresses and you become closer to your destiny you will face omnipotent beings that will see and feel the mark in your soul that the Hell trials have left. That you have failed to resist the temptation and have embraced your evil side. They will have things to say about that. It can also change the game ending somewhat, depending on your choices to come.
    edited September 2014
    decado said:

Yet if you chose a good option you don't get turned good. Seems a single act in BG can put you past redemption.

It is because your character is inclined to evil. Due to his very being. If you embrace the taint and choose the easy path just for once, it starts a slippery slope of no return. You must be vigilant and on your guard all the time to ward off the taint. Doubly so if you are a paladin or ranger. Staying good and noble is the hard path for a Bhaalspawn.

• YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Yeah, I wanted the sword while also having no plans on using it.