Skip to content

Permanent protection from evil for paladin please

dunehunterdunehunter Member Posts: 10
If I remember correctly in the rule of 2e paladins gain permanent proctection from evil but in bg1-2 it is replaced by the ablity. However, to tell the truth, I never remember to cast it on Keldom or my own pal. It is a slight boost so why bother keeping on casting it?

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    It's actually a BIG boost in these games. 2 bonus to armor class and immunity to charm... well, good enough to go straight to the coastline and kill the sirines straight on level 1 (which is possible). Also, Pit Fiends will never attack a protected character, which is another great boost.

Simple spell, but not permanent with good reason. (I admit though that I don't know the rules, so yeah)
  • eainterplayeainterplay Member Posts: 55
    I pretty sure that's a 3 & 3.5 rule. In 3e paladins could also detect evil at will.
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    Paladins do not gain protection from evil in 2nd ed. they have a protection aura in a 10' radius around them that affects summoned and evil creatures giving them a -1 to attack rolls and making them easy to spot even when hidden/disguised by said creatures.
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    Paladins get enough Protection from Evil per day without really needing a permanent ability for it. Add to this any Clerics in your party and there should never be an issue.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Knowing @Cheesebelly has played the game more than any sane person would, I'll trust his opinion and agree with him. :)
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Andruine's post also reminds me that starting on level 7, clerics get Protection from evil radius 10. Which lasts 1 TURN per level (as opposed to standard Prot. from evil that lasts one round per level). 7 turns is enough to end all battles really. Or more of them too!

Since it's a Cleric page 4 spell, it means that also PALADINS eventually get it! (Rangers get only 3 levels of druid spells, Pallies get 4 levels of cleric spells though).

So yeah, it's a nice deal for Paladins anyway, even without constant effect! :)
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749

I pretty sure that's a 3 & 3.5 rule. In 3e paladins could also detect evil at will.

And are immune to fear.