Skip to content

Late Reputation

Can anyone tell me if there are any rep modifier events in Chap 6, 7, or the TotSC portions of BG:EE?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2014
    In Chapter 7, avoid Flaming Fist soldiers in the streets at all costs. If you run into one and resist arrest, do not kill them, or you will lose a whopping max of -10 reputation. Run for your life or charm them.

Aside from that, no, I don't think there are any new ways of changing reputation.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    edited September 2014
    Yup. Knew that one. Was really hoping there were still one or two POSITIVE modifiers tucked away in Candlekeep, Durlag's, Ulgoth's, or the Island.

While we are talking about hostile Fists - Do those guys EVER calm down? I mean like after a Chapter change or maybe after being Charmed? 'Cause I've still got one or two running around the streets of BG that I ticked off shortly after arriving in town, 2 weeks or more ago. And of course just killing off a troublesome patrol of 3 Fists is tantamount to tanking the game - what is that, something like -17 Rep? Then they really WOULD be hunting you in the streets.
    Post edited by dreamrider on
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Temples?
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    You can if not a monk knock them unconcious and run away. Command offers them no save btw, worth praying for a few.
    Temples won't take you to 20 and that nice 50% discount. 18 rep is only 30% off.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    By the final chapter, you will be lugging around gold enough to buy most of Baldur's Gate, so yeah, not sure you really need the discount by then. If you havent got thst much gold, explore (aka rob blind) some of the town houses. ;)
    Oh, I've got significant gold. (I think about 72,000 GP at the moment, after spending down from 50,000+ to 4 digits, twice.) I just have this obsession with buying magic arrows and wands, at the best possible price.

(I've never sold a gem over 50GP, nor an enchanted item I didn't have 5 of. So, my resources if pressed are probably more like 100,000 GP+. Still, fully charged wands run dear.)
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903

Yup. Knew that one. Was really hoping there were still one or two POSITIVE modifiers tucked away in Candlekeep, Durlag's, Ulgoth's, or the Island.

While we are talking about hostile Fists - Do those guys EVER calm down? I mean like after a Chapter change or maybe after being Charmed? 'Cause I've still got one or two running around the streets of BG that I ticked off shortly after arriving in town, 2 weeks or more ago. And of course just killing off a troublesome patrol of 3 Fists is tantamount to tanking the game - what is that, something like -17 Rep? Then they really WOULD be hunting you in the streets.

Lure them into an empty house and then knock them out with sleep, charm, hold, or your fists! Then just leave them in there and don't go in again.

It's a pie piper side quest!
    edited September 2014
    I think you mean PIED PIPER.

See definition of PIED, as in Pied Piper of Hamlin.

(My mom couldn't explain this when I was a kid, so I looked it up. I became smug, because NOBODY I knew knew this. Then I ran into a kid who knew what a piebald horse was, from the same root [which I did not], who figured it out on her own, and I was the one who was one-upped.)

Definition of PIED
    : of two or more colors in blotches; also : wearing or having a parti-colored coat

dreamrider