Skip to content

A little lost with Big World installation

I have been trying to look for a step by step walkthrough of how to install the big world mod. I have looked at the instructions, and yet am uncertain whether I have to install the mods separately, then install Big World and use that to install them all at once. This wouldn't be a problem, but the extremely large size of it makes me hesitant to attempt an installation only to mess it up. Many thanks to anyone who could offer some guidance.

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    edited September 2014
    What exactly is this Big World mod? I see a file at Spellhold Studios on how to install it, but I don't see any references to the mod itself or any sort of description. What does it do and where does it live?

OK, I think I found a description of the mod, but unfortunately it's in German. So I'm still in the dark.
  • EvilswineEvilswine Member Posts: 3
    Yah...I think I figured it out...but it just leads to more questions. You have to download all the mods you want, then compile them and BWP will install them. The problem is I have no idea what mods to use, when to unzip them, where to put them and in what order. This is frustrating, I may just stick with Baldurs Gate Trilogy for now.
  • cognoscentuscognoscentus Member Posts: 65
    edited September 2014
    Everything you need to know about a BWP install.

http://www.shsforums.net/files/download/534-big-world-english/

Download and unpack your mods per the instructions. The BW install pack will do the rest.
  • EvilswineEvilswine Member Posts: 3
    Wait, where do the 50gbs come from? I feel like there's some big conglomeration of mods I'm missing. And thanks for the link.