Skip to content

Unable to trigger kick out dialog

GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
I've run into a few challenges with the dialog files, perhaps someone can be of assistance?

I can't see to get the kick out dialog to trigger, I end up with this generic "Do you want me to join? Yes/No" instead I have attached the .tp2 file as well as both dialog files, I'm not sure how to fix this, I've scoured the forums for several days and I'm stumped

BACKUP ~Toku/Backup~
AUTHOR ~Greener~
VERSION ~1.00~

BEGIN ~Oriental Adventures - Rise of the Samurai~

COPY ~Toku/Characters/OAToku2.cre~ ~override/OAToku2.cre~
SAY NAME1 ~Toku~
SAY NAME2 ~Toku~

SAY BIO ~When asked about his past, TOKU reveals that he hails from Tsukishima the largest and most populated island of Wa within the Kara-Tur. After centuries of war, Wa has settled into an era of peace that has lasted longer than in any other nation of Kara-Tur. Peace brought a renewed interest in education and the arts, producing a flourishing culture and the promise of a secure future. But change has not come without a price. The same rigid social system which ensures domestic tranquility borders on tyranny and oppression for most. Distinct social classes are inflexibly enforced, travel is closely monitored, even religion is regulated by the state. Prosperity is concentrated among the ruling military, condemning a staggering number of commoners to lives of hardship and poverty. Regardless of their social status, the citizens of Wa are united by their fierce national pride and deep distrust of foreigners. Contact with the rest of the world is limited, and few details of Wa are known outside its borders.~

COMPILE ~Toku/Dialogue/OATOKU.d~
COMPILE ~Toku/Dialogue/OATOKUP.d~

EXTEND_TOP ~AR2300.bcs~ ~Toku/Scripts/AR2300.baf~

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~ ~OATOKU OATOKUP OATOKUJ OATOKUD ~
UNLESS ~OATOKU~

//OAToku.d
BEGIN OAToku
APPEND OAToku

IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0)~ THEN BEGIN FirstMeeting
SAY ~Excuse me good ! Toku begs your assistance.~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~How can I help you?~ GOTO Greet
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I'm sorry, I have no time to talk with you~ GOTO Later
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I am no friend of yours. Leave me be.~ GOTO GoAway EXIT
~SetGlobal("TokuDishonored","LOCALS",1)~
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Greet
SAY ~My name is Toku, and I am a warrior from the Kara-Tur… I offer my services as a sword for hire~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I would be happy to have you join me~ DO ~SetGlobal("TokuJoined","LOCALS",1)JoinParty()~ GOTO Thanks
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I'm not sure if I should trust you. I will take my leave of you now.~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Thanks
SAY ~I would be honored to wield my sword for you~
~SetGlobalTimer("TokuTalksPC"."GlOBAL",FIVE_DAYS)
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Later
SAY ~I am very sorry to hear that. If you find the time to assist a stranger, I will be staying here at the Friendly Arm Inn. Travel Safely.~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~Global("TokuJoined","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN KickOut
SAY ~I am very sorry to hear that. You shall find me at the Friendly Arm Inn should you need me. Travel Safely, ~
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~No, I don’t want you to leave just yet, Toku.~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Thats correct, I do not require your services any longer.~ GOTO Angry DO ~SetGlobal("TokuJoined","LOCALS",0)~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Angry
SAY ~I regret that our pairing could not have been more fruitful, but I must express great distaste for the way this group is led. I take my leave, and I doubt we shall meet again~ [TOKU64]
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END
END

//OATokuP.d

IF ~Global(“TokuDishonored","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN Honor
SAY ~Oh taker-of-my-honor, do not return to torment me further. Unless you have come to take back your cruel words, I ask you to leave now~ [TOKU61]
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I have returned to apologize~ GOTO Rejoin
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I will leave~ EscapeArea() EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Rejoin
SAY ~If that is so, than I am glad. I am eager to please if you should want for anything~ [TOKU56]
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I would be pleased to have you join me~ DO
~(“OATokuJoined","LOCALS",1)JoinParty()~ GOTO Thanks
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~

Journal entry:
Toku joins the party

I have come across a young warrior who called himself Toku. He has traveled from Kara-tur in search of honor

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN Thanks
SAY ~I would be honored to wield my sword for you again~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END
END

Comments