Skip to content

BUG? Animal forms and special abilities?

ammomonkeyammomonkey Member Posts: 7
Hey all,

Ive noticed when I right click on Minsc's rage ability and jaheira's wolf shapeshift it takes me directly to info for barkskin instead of info on their special ability.

I also believe that Jeheira's wolf form is incorrectly reporting AC.
From what I have for her stats currently:
STR 18
DEX 17
CON 17
INT 10
WIS 14
CHR 15

She is wearing basic splint mail.
Under AC is says Armor:4
Dex Mod -3
AC 3 which it seems like it should be 1 based on those calculations.

Brown Bear form says splint mail 4

AC is 6 instead of 4.
Curious why shields factor in to animal form AC reductions but not armor.

Animal damage for black bear for instance is 7-10
When I look in her info with a 18/00 STR is says +3 to hit +6 to damage.
Bear form says it does 1-6. So modified it should be 7 but the upper end should be 12 not 10.
A little confused.
There seems to be a a lot of stat inconsistencies with animal forms.
I did not use them much in BG so I cannot tell you if they are off there but they definitely seem off in BG II

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Yea basically I figure what was done when it came to the shapeshift descriptions is they used some kind of automated process to just describe the stats of the creature files that you use when shapeshifting. Only a lot of things (immunities, weapon attack/damage/effects, etc) are given to you instead by the weapon item file you are given (in the case of a wolf, bear, or werewolf it will be your claws, other shapechange probably call it something different) and not the creature file.

Anyways the descriptions will all be off because of this. Some more than others.

Also the whole barkskin thing is because the string files for certain special abilities either weren't included in BG2EE or they are spells that have their description set to the wrong string number.