Skip to content

Timed Quests

Hi everyone
Can someone provide me a complete list of all timed quests? Maybe one of devs who knows things better than others?
i am having trouble keeping everyone satisfied. Some of my companions whine about certain quests but i am not sure which ones are more urgent and which ones have time limits. i don't want to miss any quest or party member. Help.
Thanks in advance for any help given.

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I'm not sure of the spesifics (how much time you have) but there's definitely a timer on Xzar/Montaron and Jaheira/Khalid's quest. You only actually need to talk to the boss person guy in Nashkel to satisfy them though, the following mine quest does not have a time limit as far as I know.

I think most the timed companion quests give 2 or 3 "warnings" so if you've gotten to the second one you probably should drop whatever you're doing and get on with their quest allready.
  • jahes64jahes64 Member Posts: 177
    Nobody is going to help?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I believe the timers and various NPC conflicts are completely intentional; you're not SUPPOSED to be able to do all quests and get all NPCs (some are even mutually exclusive iirc). That's mostly for BG1, of course.

In BG2 there's very few timed quests, and very few permanent screw-ups. Worst thing that can happen with NPC quests usually is that they run off after warning you multiple times in no uncertain terms, at which point you can usually (if not always) get them back by going where they wanted you to go and meeting them there.

There are however some time-sensitive quests in BG2 that can lead to major trouble.

Ust-Natha in particular is VERY strict on timing, and will cut off an entire story arc irrevocably if you dally too long. You are however warned of this, so it's no surprise.

There's also the Harper quest with the poisoned guy, if you take too long he'll die before you can get him help. That one's hard to screw up though unless you TRY to, as it's literally a 30-second trip to get him where he wants to go ;)
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    You also need to deal with Jaheira's curse asap