Skip to content

Undead Hunter Paladin puts most of BGII on easy mode.

I am not sure I got the name of the class right but I used one for the first time and the anti-level drain is awesome. Get that azure ax (the red throwing one) and you can pretty much solo any vampire part of the game which there are a lot of them.

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Don't tell @Erg‌ ! ;)

Anyways, have you finished all of BG2?? What difficulty are you at? Undead Hunters have an easier time vs vampires, but many strong enemies aren't undead. Its usually ranked well below Inquisitor actually.
  • FWHJamesFWHJames Member Posts: 29
    Yes I finished the game with him, and did the tower. I know vampires are not that hard to beat but still that level drain is super annoying. You get hit with it then you have to restore and then sleep it off. Also helps with the black dragon his level drains do not effect you.
  • Immunity to level drain is definitely nice, if only because the spells the prevent/remove it are so annoying. There's also something to be said for still being able to use missile weapons, and losing lay on hands is a negligible disadvantage. Plus, even aside from the vampires, undead spawns are everywhere in BG2, so you'll get lots of use out of those hit and damage bonuses compared to a Cavalier.

I still give the nod to Inquisitors, simply because that double strength Dispel Magic is one of the few reliable ways to strip protections from a lich, and an instant cast True Sight is amazing, but if I want a Paladin who can actually cast spells (say, because my primary divine caster is a Druid), I'd seriously consider an Undead Hunter.
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    I cannot belivie undead hunters are not immune to imprisonment used by demi liches though