Skip to content

Theif Appearance With UAI HLA

Believe it or not i just made my first Thief, ever in Bg2 and I've been playing it for what 15 years?

My question is this i just hit lvl 24 and got my first HLA - Use Any Item.

I noticed that when i equip a helmet, the stats work properly but that both with the paper doll and in game the helmet doesn't show up. Is this working correctly?

I was looking forward to seeing helmets again :(

Any veterans out there want to tell mew is this how its always worked in BG 2? or is behavior new to the EE?

Thanks!

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Since you have the hooded thief animation, helmet on top of the hoodie would look silly. You can wear heavy armor though, splint mail and above will change your appearance to fighter. I am not sure if helmet animation would show on top of that, though.

You can totally do the 'fighter look' with full plate mail, and a body shield. 'Me? I am a seasoned warrior of great reknown. Honest. My bravery and strength in arms are the stuff of legends. I slayed a dragon all by myself with my snare...I mean, my sword. Yeah.'
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    edited October 2014
    BG2 Tweak Pack

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/cosmetic.php

Avatar Morphing Script: This script allows you to select whatever PC avatar you wish for your character or any joinable NPC. Assign this script to the character whose avatar you wish to change. To change the avatar return to the game screen, ensure the party AI in on (and the game is not paused) and press 'S'. This will take you to the avatar selection screen. Once the morph is complete re-assign a combat script to the character.

This solved all my problems, works great with all EE editions. :)

It can be a little glitchy if you change armors but just press "S" again and redo the script when you change armor, at least for a thief it does that behavior.

For a more permanent solution just use EE Keeper

http://sourceforge.net/p/eekeeper/wiki/Home/

just be sure noting in your override folder is conflicting (like it was mine)
    Post edited by Gloomfrost on