Skip to content

Why wont it let me go to Baldur's Gate now?

Ok, just finished up with the mine and it even tells me I need to go to the nearby city of Baldur's gate to continue the storyline. But when I get to the travel map the bridge is still greyed out? What am I missing. I rested and had a dream about the river of blood, still nothing.

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Have you gone to the region just south of the bridge (lots of Ankhegs) and travelled to the northern edge of it?

If I remember correctly, you could always go to the bridge, even at the very start of the game, you simply couldn't cross because the guards barred you until you completed the Cloakwood Mines.
  • OgariousOgarious Member Posts: 3
    Bridge is there, but it wont let me go to it. Maybe there is a area or two I missed? I'll have to go back and check.
  • OgariousOgarious Member Posts: 3
    And to answer your question Heinrich. It doesnt look like I have gone to that area. lol. Now I have to explore that whole area before going on...

Thanks for the help
    JuliusBorisov
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Go north from the Friend Arm Inn, you should discover a region suffering an Ankheg infestation. If you go north from there, you'll reach the bridge.

Some important/big locations are marked on the map before you "discover" them, but you still cannot just fast-travel there on the first visit.

i.e. you cannot go directly from Cloakwood Mine to the bridge.