Skip to content

Uninstall/Reinstall Mod Guidance

Notepic4Notepic4 Member Posts: 27
So I have an install order (kind of) question. I recently had to uninstall a mod (Tyris Flare, due to learning she is currently incompatible with BG2:EE) and the mod in question was fairly high/early on in my load order. I believe I did roughly followed the recommended install order if that would affect this problem, but I had not used it to guide my install order at the time.

Anyway after Weidu reinstalled everything that I had installed after Tyris, I noticed a strange and game breaking bug that for some reason caused potions to never actually affect characters. Neither selecting potions in a quick slot or right clicking to drink affects them, they drink the potion but nothing happens.

So anyway I was wondering if reinstalling all my mods just to be safe (Not sure if a specific mod would be causing this, the only mods I have that affects any type of potion is Rouge Rebalance and I think BG Tweaks) via Weidu would fix this, or if I should actually delete the mod files entirely, and then download the mod files again in case something got messed up during the weidu reinstalls.

My thanks for any assistance or wisdom you have to offer.

(I was honestly rather unsure where to post this, since I believe the normal Bug reporting threads are only for vanilla. This issue happened throughout all my saves including when I create a new character, so I doubt is an issue with a particular save.)