Skip to content

Sudden death in graveyard.

I've played BG II a million times. For the first time ever, I went to the graveyard at night, talked to Wellyn, went to the first tomb on the right, and slept. When I came back out it was daytime. I saw a ghost, and Jaheira died. Bang! Just like that. No blows landed. No lightning. Nada. We killed the ghost and revived Jaheira, but WTF happened?

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Well, ghosts are actually pretty crazy in DnD... be glad your party wasnt made old and grey? I assume it must be an added thing.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Maybe you haven't concluded the "jaheira cursed quest".
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Pibaro said:

Maybe you haven't concluded the "jaheira cursed quest".

If the curse kills Jaheira, she is still raisable from dead? What is the point of the urgency, then?

Hmm, must be an instant-death attack, was the ghost a banshee or something? I can't remember such a ghost or another undead with instant death attacks in graveyard, unless a mod adds such an encounter. If you can reload and repeat the incident, and post a screenshot or such, that might provide some clues.
  • fatnlazyfatnlazy Member Posts: 24
    Curse quest hasn't started yet.

I have most of the EE compatible mods.

I quicksaved after I slept in the tomb, didn't happen again.

The ghost was labled "ghost", IINM. There was a wail as Jaheira died, but I was thinking it was her death cry. His circle was red immediately upon coming into view.

On a side note, as soon as we had won, with no change in rep. which was 20 when he joined, Korgan gave me the "best be changing your ways" comment.

I guess it could be one of those random things. I've only been struck by lightning twice in all the times I've played.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    If you have a lot of mods, then all bets are off. :-) my guess is some mod or another adds a ghost enemy that causes an instant death effect when their target fails a saving throw, much like a wail of the banshee. See if you find another of these 'ghost' enemies and observe combat roll:your characters may be making a lot of saving throws like 'Korgan:save vs death '(I assume it forces a save vs death, though can be a save vs spells or anything else too.)
  • fatnlazyfatnlazy Member Posts: 24
    I'm thinking it's mods. Maybe the latest I DL'd from COM. I ran into a Medusa, and some surprisingly tough, explosive arrow shooting skeletons that were never in the crypts before.

One note, however, is that this is the first time in forever that I've paid the Shadow Thieves before doing any other quests as to get Fade. Maybe Bodhi isn't happy.