Skip to content

Itching to re-install BG...

moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
... with the release date getting closer I really want to re-install the BG games just to roll up a few characters. However I'm going to hold off because I doubt we will be able to export out of vanilla BG into BG:EE and knowing my luck I'll get some awesome rolls which will be wasted.

Plus it helps to build the anticipation for BG:EE.

Anyone else got this urge?

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I believe they said we could export out of vanilla BG, but someone correct me if I'm mistaken.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited August 2012
    I'm not sure - surely at the least you will need to install BGTutu to account for the new classes/weapon proficiencies etc that vanilla BG doesn't have?

Then of course we have the potential Blackguard class which we still don't know the features of...

I'm hoping you are right though - as tedious as some people find it I like rolling the stats for a new character (usually for far too long!)
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    I'm trying to refrain from looking up quests and maps to refresh my memory on some areas.
  • ScarsUnseenScarsUnseen Member Posts: 170
    I had just picked up Jaheira and Khalid in a BWP setup when BGEE was announced. It was very hard to put the game down and wait patiently, but I did it. I'm really looking forward to playing again.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I'm in the same boat... I've replayed hat game so many times that this is getting me super excited.
  • Flameguard27Flameguard27 Member Posts: 37
    I've only played halfway( I think) through the first one (installing it on windows 7 was difficult, then there was that resolution...), but it's still quite hard to refrain from trying to install it and play some more now.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    28 days to go.. be strong!!
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    edited August 2012
    im having a hell of a time not buying BG2 from gog.com

Every single day I have to make my willpower saving throw.. and every single day it gets harder.

I have already reached the point where I need to cast Owls Wisdom before I roll the save, just to have any chance of making it :p
    Post edited by Kharas on
  • purebredcornpurebredcorn Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2012
    Quartz said:

I believe they said we could export out of vanilla BG, but someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

In the interview with Phillip Daigle, he says he doesn't believe old saves from the original game will be compatible. I'm not sure if that means characters can't be imported, but he mentioned there were too many structural changes that would prevent using old saves.

Here is a link to the interview.
    http://truepcgaming.com/2012/08/21/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-interview/

I will definitely be waiting for the EE to come out before playing the game. I want to save all the excitement and anticipation for the 18th.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I really wanna play it as well. Been trying Dragon Age and Icewind Dale to tide me over but my resistance is slipping
  • LRECLREC Member Posts: 68
    @Quartz Overhaul recently stated that you wouldn't be able to export vanilla BG characters or ones from BGTutu because they re-engineered the game engine so drastically.
  • unfortunate_oneunfortunate_one Member Posts: 44
    install IWD. Roll 6 pc's and work out the kinks.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    I've been playing Dragon Age in the meantime. Partway through Awakenings with a mage, which'll let me start a rogue/Isabella DA2, eventually.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I think I finally failed my will save. I just don't know which mods to install other than Tutu or Triology
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    This is an urge that I have already accepted. I am playing through the entire Baldur's Gate saga, and am currently in BG2: Shadows of Amn.