Skip to content

Podcast with Trent Oster on 10-6 gaming !

MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
http://www.twitch.tv/ten6gaming/b/329366566

It's a bit long, but it covers a lot lot of info. There are some emotion scenes also. I nearly gave up in the middle to pre order... But I'll still wait another 2 weeks haha !

Enjoy ~~

Comments

• cattlekillercattlekiller Member Posts: 55
    Thanks for the link watching now.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited August 2012
    As I said, after this interview im now a bigger fan of Beamdog, great job!

P.S
    The Interview length is ~1:15m and the Bg related stuff is until ~0:50m
  • cattlekillercattlekiller Member Posts: 55
    The 1st long interview I have watched of Trent.
    I have to say I am even more impressed with the people that work on the game if they are like Trent.
    They all sound like a close group of people.
    I yet to pre purcahse due to some extra bills this month , but plan to grab this sometime in September.I dont know if this is a good thing of a bad thing for the state of PC games , but this is only game I'm looking forward to in the rest of 2012, and really there isnt much beyond 2012 that has me excited other than more remakes(BG2,IWD,Planescape).

I hope this really takes off , cause some of his other idea's sound awesome.
    I would freaking love a Mad Max type game set in the future.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    it's interesting to see what trent looks like
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    edited August 2012
    @Bjjorick you never followed him on twitter I guess ;) Myself, I found this interview really human and friendly. The way he describe it you feel his motivation, something a bit akin to how we fans love the game. It's really refreshing. I found it more interesting then most formal interview in the sense that with the video you see the human behind the avatar and more jokes. Now I want to see more of the dev in actions xD

PLEASE RELEASE A LIPDUB OF BEAMDOG ! (with hamsters, pretty please ? :D)
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    oh yeah, the comment by trent

our purpose on beamdog was to make a client to get it easier then from the pirates, so we asked ourselves, who has the best digital distribution network? Pirate bay :P sooooo true :)

on a side note, i can't stand the always on of steam
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    The part that really bought me is when he said that if you play a multiplayer session with someone with ipad that doesn't have all the DLC that the PC version have, he will enjoy this content anyway.

I don't have ipad nor I play multiplayer games, but thats just show you how much they care of their customers, which is very important IMO.

@mch202 yeah that blew my mind also. And I think it was something that was never stated previously...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @mch202 yea I have a few friends with ipads. I think this will make it a lot easier to convince friends to play multiplayer.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    They've stated that previously. Its probably just something that you wouldn't publicitize maybe, lol.
  • purebredcornpurebredcorn Member Posts: 77
    Thanks for the link.
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    Started to watch the beginning, was extremely interesting! Any easy way to get an MP3 version of the podcast so I can finish listening when I'm on public transport?
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    That was cool.
    Sounds like the UI/code is making the Beamdog guys really put in some hours over BG:EE. Hope we don't lose anyone - some poor member of the team ending up looking like Portalbendarwinden "Just one last *gasp!* line for the UI...."
    ...And another gravestone added for the Nashkel cemetary.

We need these guys for BG2:EE. :)
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Don't worry, we're all on IV drips over here. I don't know what's in the bag, though.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Its official, i love Overhaul.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @PhillipDaigle Energy drinks are 2 for $4 across the street. I'm not sure if directly into the bloodstream is the healthiest way to ingest them but it is the most direct.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    @PhillipDaigle @Coriander: I don't think it's a coincidence @TrentOster brought in that new "humidifier".
  • Arabus13Arabus13 Member Posts: 102
    I love Trent's comments about who had the best Digital Download Network (answer Pirate Bay!) as the inspiration for what they wanted in a DD service.
  • Arabus13Arabus13 Member Posts: 102
    I also like Trent's comment on the best Anti Piracy technique......VALUE!
    @Mera check this link http://theafkpodcast.com/27-beam-dog/ the mp3 is available :) sorry if I'm late, we are probably not on the same timezone x)
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    @Medillen Thank you very much!
  • SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144
    Can anyone, please, post it in text?
    @SorrowSeer as far as I know, there is no retranscription of the podcast. And since it's over an hour long, it's probably too time consuming for someone to bother...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited August 2012
    I move that we start a kickstarter to "Buy Trent a wireless headset." Imagine an interview with @TrentOster doing the laundry, making a sandwich...
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Aosaw said:

I move that we start a kickstarter to "Buy Trent a wireless headset." Imagine an interview with @TrentOster doing the laundry, making a sandwich...

I think Google should have to change their name to Boo-gle.

That way we can say, Search for the eyes Boo (gle) search for the eyes. ARGHHHHHHHH

@Aosaw

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    AHA! Now I can add Trent on Skype! Chances are 10000% that he'll refuse my invitation, but STILL! XD

AHA! Now I can add Trent on Skype! Chances are 10000% that he'll refuse my invitation, but STILL! XD

If you buy 1000 pre order, I believe he might consider it ! (I would, in his place xD xD)

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I don't know, @Medillen, he said they can't do merchandising... ;)
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I remember Brian Fargo saying that one person emailed him saying "I pirated Wasteland 1 back in 1988 and I felt bad for it, so I decided to buy Wasteland 2 through kicsktarter". Fargo stated he wouldn't have cared if he didn't notice the person donated 10,000 dollars XD

So maybe with 1000 pre-orders I MIGHT get Oster's attention!! Too bad I got the money for roughly... 25 ;_;

But the interview puts an excellent point in my perspective too - BGEE *is* for me personally my first pre-order ever. But then again, it's Baldur's Gate. I would buy a 50 dollars DLC adding a box of Noodles to the game (description saying "you have no idea what noodles are"... 1 like to the one that gets the reference!)