Skip to content

Why do these Flaming Fist guards see my santuaried Cleric/Thief?

molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
I thought, with Sanctuary on a Cleric/Thief I could walk through other peoples homes and steal things from under their nose without any chance for them to do something about it.
But they summon the guards and the guards make their threats and accusations.

Is this supposed to happen? I thought maybe the stealing broke the invisibilty (although the effect remained), but even when sanctuary is cast after stealing they walk right towards him and initiate the dialog.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you want to make stealing easier, wear the boots of speed, unlock all lockables and use some quick timed pause techniques to steal all the goodies from said chests, and run like stink, if done correctly you can run out of there before the guards come up to you to initiate dialogue (some times this can work even without the boots of speed), now if that isnt and option i just try to hide in shadows after i steal and that will make you "invisible" for the same effect, but to answer your question: why do things happen the way they do with sanctuary? no idea, so thats why i just go with the above advice :)
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I don't know how they implemented Sanctuary, but in PnP I thought it made people unable to attack you in any way if they fail a save, until the spell runs out or you take an offensive action.

This would be why it doesn't allow BSing.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    molloy said:

I thought, with Sanctuary on a Cleric/Thief I could walk through other peoples homes and steal things from under their nose without any chance for them to do something about it.
    But they summon the guards and the guards make their threats and accusations.

Is this supposed to happen? I thought maybe the stealing broke the invisibilty (although the effect remained), but even when sanctuary is cast after stealing they walk right towards him and initiate the dialog.

If I remember correctly, my last play through with a C/T they would alert the guards if they seen me open a chest in their house (makes sense, seeing a chest opening on it's own would obviously be an invisible thief or a ghost, guards either way!) but the guards would not be able to see me and would not talk to me. Something may have changed...

In any event, if they turn hostile they should definitely NOT be able to attack you. However, an unwanted rep point loss if a bummer, and it's not fair.