Skip to content

When is BG2:EE coming to android!?

We've been waiting for this for ages, is there any hope of it coming soon? It's great that there have been announcements about ice wind dale but I would love, and I now many others would too, first to have BG2:EE on android. Please release it soon! Much thanks and love your work

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Not much longer now. There's one Android-specific issue remaining before we can start beta testing on that platform.
  • RonnaannRonnaann Member Posts: 48
    edited October 2014
    On the plus side, you should enjoy life away from your phone while you can. Bgee, bg2ee and iwdee on your phone will make me into Mr Unsocial. This weekend I'm going to go for a walk in the woods and play with the squirrels.
  • maxbrnmaxbrn Member Posts: 1
    With full understanding of the shifting and uncertain nature of the process of debugging and testing, and with no intent to hold anyone to any commitment, then assuming no major setbacks, when might we possibly see it being released for android? Again, with all possible caveats in place, as a ballpark estimate of the date.
  • Il_Più_AnticoIl_Più_Antico Member Posts: 16
    considering the time needed to debug baldur's gate ee.. We don't will see this before march 2015...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    A lot of the delays associated with BG:EE's patch release were because it was the first time bringing the game to Android, and so we were facing a bit of a learning curve as we got more comfortable with the new platform.

We also started the beta event before we had fixed everything on our list, which was a mistake, and it led to a lot of regressions that could have been prevented. Our current roadmap is scheduled to complete everything on the list before we reach the Beta stage, so we'll be starting with a complete patch when we start beta testing it.

Does that mean it definitely won't take six months? No, but I would be very surprised if it did. Our internal testing is looking very optimistic, despite the more than 270 code changes between 1.2.2030 and 1.3.2055 (our current internal build number).
  • lvdisturbed1lvdisturbed1 Member Posts: 20
    Dee said:

A lot of the delays associated with BG:EE's patch release were because it was the first time bringing the game to Android, and so we were facing a bit of a learning curve as we got more comfortable with the new platform.

We also started the beta event before we had fixed everything on our list, which was a mistake, and it led to a lot of regressions that could have been prevented. Our current roadmap is scheduled to complete everything on the list before we reach the Beta stage, so we'll be starting with a complete patch when we start beta testing it.

Does that mean it definitely won't take six months? No, but I would be very surprised if it did. Our internal testing is looking very optimistic, despite the more than 270 code changes between 1.2.2030 and 1.3.2055 (our current internal build number).

Considering it was the first time bringing the game to iOS, it sure was released for it in a more timely manner. If I were to guess, company resources regarding Android were/are sparse. It's OK to admit we're (Android users) the red-headed stepchildren as far as priority is concerned.
  • De7illeDe7ille Member Posts: 2
    How could I get in on the Beta event?
  • KaboomKaboom Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the responses. It's great to know it's still on its way
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    See my question and answer thread thats been stickied to the top