Skip to content

Sub-races?

SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
I hate being one of those darn new people who don't use the search engine (though I did! and the most relevant thread I found was one about Drow) or ask a question that's answered in 5 different threads on the first page, but...

Will BG:EE feature playable sub-races? Logically the answer seems to be no, since BG2 didn't have them and this is sort of #1 just plopped into that engine, but I have seen it suggested here and there that we'll indeed get sub-races. A quick "yes" or "no" from anyone that knows for sure would be nice, don't need a debate on whether they should be in or not... I'd certainly like them to be, one of the best things about ID2 I think, but the game seems amazing even without :)

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Silverstar

Unfortunately, there is no quick yes or no answer.

The only thing there is is one of the developers saying that they've discussed adding the IWD2 subraces to the game in a post-release patch.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Well, that implies they're -probably- not in at launch then, so that's kind of an answer. Thank you. Post-release patch huh... that sounds promising. The swift response is appreciated.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Silverstar

Bear in mind that they never confirmed that such a patch will really be released, just that they've thought about it.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited August 2012
    Yeah I hear ya. There's always tons of things developers want to do or consider doing or merely discuss for the sake of it that never end up happening, such is the way of things. The fact that they've mentioned it at all appeases me though. If it doesn't end up happening it doesn't diminish the game in any way; Baldur's Gate was allready a great game, Enhanced Edition will be even more so from the look of things.