Skip to content

Multiplayer keeps crashing (iPad)

SirBastianSirBastian Member Posts: 5
edited October 2014 in Multiplayer
I recently bought BG:EE for my iPad 4. I have been playing it just fine but decided to try the multiplayer out. I am able to start my own game and have had other people join but whenever I try to join a game (and I tried as many non password protected games as I saw) the application crashes. The same happens to my brother on his iPad 2. I bought the game for him expecting we were going to be able to play together but neither of us can join the other's respective games. We both are running v1.3.2053 of the game and iOS v8.0.2. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• jmaverjmaver Member Posts: 1
    I have the exact same issue on iPad 2 iOS 8.1 and iPad Retina Mini iOS 8.1
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    I've been able to reproduce this, and it is reported.

I did find that when I tried to reproduce the problem multiple times, the problem stopped happening. Try alternating between joining a game with a password and a game with no password.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I'm getting this all the time too. It's very annoying after the supposed improvements to multiplayer in the 1.3 patch.
    Our info indicates this is an issue when joining a game, but not when hosting. So if you are playing MP with another platoform, the work-around is to host. We don't have a work-around right now if you want to play with multiple iOS devices.
  • SirBastianSirBastian Member Posts: 5
    @Cerevant‌ Is this something that is being worked on? Being able to host is irrelevant in my case since I'm trying to be able to play with my brother. Also, is this issue the same with BGII for iOS? I don't want to waste more money on it if I won't be able to play multiplayer with him
    We have a hotfix implemented, but it needs to be packaged tested and released. Hopefully we can get it out Soon(tm)
    @Cerevant‌ Awesome, thank you for keeping us informed. I hope it works. The sooner it works, the sooner my bro and I beat BG, the sooner I buy him BGII and pay more money, lol ;)
    @Cerevant‌ Any updates on the fix to this issue?
  • jellyfishjellyfish Member Posts: 1
    same problem here. Trying to multiplay with two iOS devices and the joiner keeps getting booted. Is this likely to be fixed?
  • serjmaiaserjmaia Member Posts: 8
    if anyone wants do gatter 4 ppl to play online add my skype sergiomaia01
  • NixnoxNixnox Member Posts: 2
    Any workarounds for this? A friend and I are trying to play BG together on our iPads, but no matter who hosts, the other crashes trying to join.
  • NixnoxNixnox Member Posts: 2
    Great news - thanks!
  • db8rdb8r Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem that jellyfish describes above. When we have a game with two ipads the player joining the game gets booted after a while, usually about 5-10 minutes. It seems to happen in situations when one of us controls more than one character. The game doesn't crash, the player running the game just gets a message saying that the other player has left the game. Any ideas of why this happens and what to do about it?