Skip to content

Cleric using Swords

FrondFrond Member Posts: 121
So I'm wondering if there is a mod or guide out there that will allow for a cleric to wield bladed weapons.
I with one of the many mods I've already installed there was an option for Yslick to use axes and another option for Universal Clubs that all classes can have profs. in but I couldn't find an option out there for Clerics with swords.
So if there is a mod or way I can do it through another program like NearInfinity or keeper or the like I would love to know. Thanks

Comments

• AmeranthftwAmeranthftw Member Posts: 57
    I believe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that the way universal clubs works is that it modifies all club item files to be usable by anyone. As for making a specific class like cleric able to use swords, I think the only way to do this is to either do the above method, removing only cleric restrictions from items, or apply Use Any Item through either Keeper or Near Infinity.
  • TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    You can do it easy enough with DLTCEP.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/gemrb/files/Utilities/

You just need to edit the WEAPPROF.2DA to allow clerics to gain sword proficiencies.
    Then load up each sword and tick the usability box.

Pretty sure that's it.
    edited October 2014
    If you only do that, they will be able to place proficiency points into swords, but they will still not be able to equip the swords.

EDIT: I missed the part where you mentioned clicking the usability box for each sword; sorry about that. Yeah doing what TheGraveDigger said should be enough.
  • FrondFrond Member Posts: 121
    Ah thanks for the info. Worked like a charm.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2014

I believe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that the way universal clubs works is that it modifies all club item files to be usable by anyone. As for making a specific class like cleric able to use swords, I think the only way to do this is to either do the above method, removing only cleric restrictions from items, or apply Use Any Item through either Keeper or Near Infinity.

As Gravedigger pointed out for classes changing access is relatively straightforward. Its kits where that gets complicated. Especially if you don't want the base class to have access to those weapons or items.
    Post edited by elminster on
    I didn't know that kits could gain access to *more* items than the base class, how would this be possible?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    edited October 2014
    AoE doesn't really allow kits to access more items than the base class though, does it? It makes every weapon universally usable with attribute restrictions, but there are no items that are usable by a kit whose base class cannot use it.

That said, AoE definitely demonstrates modifying the item restrictions well, thanks for that link.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.