Skip to content

Why is the Baldur's gate series still the best fantasy rpg even today?

13»

Comments

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    @xLegionx

Greets. There are others. ;)
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Treyolen said:

@Vasculio I'm amazed at how little love the Ultima series is getting from this crowd.

Believe it or not, apparently Beamdog were going to remake Ultima but EA denied them. A pox on you, EA! *shakes fist*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur's_Gate:_Enhanced_Edition#Development
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    EA is such a tyrannical ruler to the gaming world imo.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Most of the reasons "Why is the Baldur's gate series still the best fantasy rpg even today?" have already been mentioned. I want to add that this is a subjective matter(as almost everything is) and if I had to express my thoughts about it, I would have written a booklet at least. :)
    Ha! I have to agree with you on that. As I said earlier, no rpg games today even compare to the awesomeness of Baldur's gate and I too could write a booklet as to "why".
  • lakridslakrids Member Posts: 29
    ahmm...."Planetscape: Torment" even if it start with a cliche amnesia intro plot, and the fights are mostly uninteresting, it's still the game the comes closes to a real rpg to me. Not many NPC but all them are central to the protagonist story, and they are very diverse types.
    Planescape is highly recommended so I will definitely play it just to give it a shot. Still, I don't like the fact you start off in Sigil but I do like all the...."necromantic content" at the start so it might keep me entertained for a while.