Skip to content

Just finished downloading: time to check spells!

lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
Okay, first impressions:This looks wonderful! Crisp, beautiful and to my big surprise it came with Turkish language right from the start! (my native language) I was not expecting this at all how did you guys manage to do sneak this in? Thank you!

Just created a HoW sorcerer to check the new/old new spells. It seems lvl 4 is very crowded with spells to pick, from bg2 and iwd's own spells. The spell system uses bg2's spell icons, but iwd's casting graphics and spell rules, which is a nice combo. I wondered how bg2 only spells worked so tried a minor spell sequencer. Sadly, it does not seem to work at all, casting it does not enable a special ability button from my sorcerer or I am doing something wrong. Oh well it is a minor nitpick. I loved the new cone of cold graphic, btw, it is a bit different than iwd's and looks cool, definitely the spell that screams 'Ice Wind Dale!' I also summoned a water elemental, they look nice too. My druid conjured in a fire elemental but my fighter was able to hurt it with fists-possible bug? He was under animal rage cleric spell by the time, but still...and man, those new cleric spells are many and I gotta try them all.

Sorry for jumping from subject to subject. Just a tad excited and happy. It is a shame I don't have time for a full play through, but I will wait for Ipad release, I think, and will buy it on Ipad too. And I think Beamdog deserves every bit of money they bill for this beautiful product.