Skip to content

Putting together my first BGII Party [Neutral-Good/ FM Elf Charname]

At the moment we [Charname, Minsc, Jaheira] have rescued Aerie after getting out of the dungeon, recruited Anomen and Yoshimo and acquired the Sentient Sword. This post is primarily a response to a VERY strong urge to pound Anomen into a senseless pile of carpet mites after his comment on how wretched was this band of Adventurers I had put together and general Egomania....!!!!!!???

Apparently Anomen is most abrasive in the beginning and then mellows a bit before finally becoming a good buddy and powerhouse who no longer needs Gntlts-of-Dex. I do not care at all about the Romance side of things. If anyone I would probably feel more romantic sympathy for Nalia -SFAIK- trying to come to terms with the real world after a privileged and sheltered upbringing.

I think I definitely want Keldorn and will go with Imoen later. I recognize that this game is a lot more Magic-heavy with lots of my favorite long duration tactics in BGI [such as Animate Dead] being insufficient. Which means a lot more spell slots needed.

On the whole I find 5 member parties MUCH easier to manage from a pure enjoyment perspective so I would like to aim for that in BGII also eventually but for now will keep Minsc or Haer'dalis around as 6th members for extra Front-Line quickstrikers until I really figure out how to use higher level magics effectively.

So, given: CHARNAME Fighter-Mage generic [2pips Bows/2pips Longsword/ 1pip Spiked Weapon/ 1pip Two-
Weapon style]
Jaheira
Keldorn
XXXXXXXX>>Imoen
YYYYYYYY

I see the X? pairings available as Yoshimo[X]-Aerie[Y}
Jan Jansen{X}-Anomen[Y]

Another possibility is delaying the matter of Anomen and Keldorn until after doing the D'arnise keep with:

Charname
Minsc
Jaheira
Aerie
Nalia
Yoshimo, then a Sea-change winding up with

Charname
Imoen
Keldorn
Anomen
Haer'dalis
Jaheira, Nalia or Mazzy, particularly if Anomen gets more of a IRL quality later.

Really, I would like a Mod in which you could go Mano-a-Mano with him without armor or weapons and thereby activate a quite different attitude and script selections from him. Sooner or later i will figure out how to win the game with most any party so not having to endure NPCs I simply do NOT get along with does not make sense...

On the other hand I kinda like Aerie though it is clear that she will need a lot of help before she can contribute much in Melee. Thanks for your input, particularly because I know that this must be OLD NEWs for most of you!