Skip to content

Gnome Tools - what are they for?

dark_elf2dark_elf2 Member Posts: 7
Hi everyone,

While I was in the Valley (very first place to go after Kuldahar) I have found some "gnome tools" item which I believe is added by Enhanced Edition in one of the tombs. Could you please tell me how could I use them?

Comments

• physhalphyshal Member Posts: 2
    Do you know any gnomes in nearby towns who might be interested?
  • dark_elf2dark_elf2 Member Posts: 7
    physhal said:

Thanks for response. I know about this gnome in the air ship in Kuldahar that makes potions, I have spoken with him, but no result... any other suggestions?
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    If memory serves, I think there is another item you need in order to interact with the tools. A belt/girdle of some sort (I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head.) Once you get both you ought to speak to the gnome in Kuldahar again.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Om gnome gnome. How could you ever gnome properly without your trusty gnome tools?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited November 2014
    Hmm...

When I went to the Gnome guy in Kuldahar he asked to see the tools, then offered me the choice of a few potions or 150 gold for them (took the potions). Did not bother to get the Girdle, but I do know it CAN be upgraded...
  • physhalphyshal Member Posts: 2
    dark_elf2 said:

physhal said:

Thanks for response. I know about this gnome in the air ship in Kuldahar that makes potions, I have spoken with him, but no result... any other suggestions?
    I don't know what to tell you. When I talked to him with the tools in my inventory he offered a reward.

• CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Speak to him twice :)
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    Hmm... Gnome Tools?! I'm done with the vale now, and havne't seen any gnome tools?! Where'd you find those?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    @Spungi:

In one of the locked boxes in the ice cave in the center of the Vale, where you fight the Priestess of Auril

@Spungi:

In one of the locked boxes in the ice cave in the center of the Vale, where you fight the Priestess of Auril
    Mhm... Must've missed that... Thanks :)
    Is that really all you can get for them?! o.0 Or are they useable for something more fancy:P
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Isn't what you get for them good enough?
    Some potions :) It's decent i suppose... BUT I WANT MOAR!!!
    In that case, you need only edit Oswlad's dialog file. Look for action 13 and change the GiveItemCreate statements to whatever you want the reward to be. A potion of absorption or hill giant strength would both be good options.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    edited November 2014

Selling Oswald the tools lays the groundwork for a potential upgrade later...
    Post edited by Avenger_teambg on
    Haha :) Not going to mess around with files :P But nice knowing it opens up for more! ... Exciting! I'm going to keep comming back to that lil' buggah then!
    I wasn't going to spoil anything for anyone.
    Fair enough. :)