Skip to content

Console Commands on iPad

DaveExaviorDaveExavior Member Posts: 6
edited August 2012 in iPad (Archive)
Will access to the console be available on the iPad version?

Comments

• AndyXumaAndyXuma Member Posts: 5
    If CLUAConsole is not available on the iPad version, it will be a definite dealbreaker for me. Hopefully we can get an answer from the devs.
  • BrastenBrasten Member Posts: 3
    It's an interesting question. I guess one sticking point is how far down the line does this go as being considered "arbitrary code execution." That clause has stopped Flash and other programs from being allowed into the App store.
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    @Brasten If they allow modding, they might aswell allow the Console, as the Console still doesn't do anything compared to what you can do with simply by dropping stuff in Override. For that matter, custom AI's are more at risk as well.
  • DregostyrDregostyr Member Posts: 5
    I have to admit I like using console cheats, after I've run thru the game a few times.
  • VampQueen31VampQueen31 Member Posts: 60
    I enjoy using console cheats too. I beat these games tons of times legitimately that i just dont care anymore. Challenge is pointless to me at this point, only fun is important.
  • Rolf666Rolf666 Member Posts: 3
    Just bring it on,waiting is killing me
  • CraigMooGaCraigMooGa Member Posts: 12
    @TrentOster emailed me earlier confirming that CLUA Console will NOT be available for the tablet edition.
    I meant Tweeted me earlier* :)
  • BigityBigity Member Posts: 98
    Well that's annoying, if for nothing else due to work arounds for bugs, but oh well. The price for tablet gaming I guess.
    Yeah its a little bit of a let down, but it doesn't remove the fact that we're getting Baldur's Gate for a portable system. Be positive!

I'll be buying it on mac too, so I can add items/edit things with the console there, then use the save on my iPad.
    Hopefully we can eventually do that from a PC as well, because F buying a mac ;)
    You can probably use dropbox or something similar from a PC to an iPad for the save games.
  • DaveExaviorDaveExavior Member Posts: 6
    Oh well, scratch one iPad customer. I'm not paying the same price for a game that isn't the same as the other released versions.
    Yup, buy the PC version and use the cheat commands there.
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    Avernum allows cheat codes on iPad, so this would have to be a design choice, not an Apple policy. Disappointing. Cheats are very useful for bugs or for undoing bad building decisions. I think the console would also be appreciated by the more casual customers if framed as a feature.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    What about using mods on ipad? Any word on that?
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    Wasn't there a tweet about experimenting with third party apps regarding copying content over? That would seem to indicate interest, but no roadmap yet.
  • AshendilAshendil Member Posts: 56
    edited December 2012
    Didn't they guarantee the possibility to transfer savegames between platforms? Then it should also be possible to transfer a savegame from PC to iPad. If they are breaking the deal there then screw overhaul.
  • vonchizvonchiz Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    Well, there is an option to import a character on the ipad version... I don't know if you just transfer the character file via iTunes or what, I haven't tried to figure it out yet. There is a post here on transferring PC saves to iPad. You could create a character on the PC version, give that character the items you need, then transfer to iPad. I already purchased both the PC and iPad versions so I will try it later.

A very clunky workaround, but it should work in theory.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    You'll be able to transfer saves. Our current plan is to have them available in iTunes as other applications do it, and also support iCloud for Mac/iPad users.
  • HogfatherHogfather Member Posts: 27
    @PhillipDaigle does this work now? Would love to pick up my current BGEE game on the iPad!