Skip to content

Refusing Edwin's quest

If you refuse Edwin's quest to kill Dynaheir, he leaves Nashkel but comes back if you revisit it. If you speak to him, he'll just attack the party mumbling something about your connection with Dynaheir (even if you never spoke to Minsc or been to gnoll stronghold). Is it normal?

Also, what if you refuse his quest, go and save Dynaheir and return to Nashkel to speak with him again? Will he still attack the party because you refused him or join you to keep an eye on Dynaheir as under normal circumstances?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    As far as I know, he's supposed to attack you if you rescue her and come back and talk to him, whether you have her in the group or not.

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited November 2014
    Arthandas said:

If you refuse Edwin's quest to kill Dynaheir, he leaves Nashkel but comes back if you revisit it.

He comes back?!? I was never aware of this.

UPDATE: I just revisited some of my old saved games, and I can't find him in Nashkel anytime after I've refused his quest. When and where is he supposed to return?
    Post edited by SharGuidesMyHand on
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Anyone?
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    edited December 2014
    I've never heard of him coming back after being denied.
  • TsunadesSTRTsunadesSTR Member Posts: 12
    I have accepted him first, and then turning him down, he will stay there till you return, he will be irritated but will join party again if asking so. (if not helping mincs that is). i will probably pick him up later when i have decided which party i will end up with.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I remember one point in time I had dynaheir, minsc and Edwin all on my team at the same time in bg1, I even had Edwin and minsc in my team in bg2, although they don't get along that well in bg2...
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    @sarevok57 I agree about BG1, but haven't tried it in BG2 since I got EE. Things change.
  • SoidoSoido Member Posts: 338
    edited May 2020
    The only way to have Dynaheir and Edwin together of which I know is to never talk to Edwin before you save her. If done after, he warns about her, but he joins if you accept him.

Note that she must be in the party when you approach him. If you save her and drop her somewhere, he will still want to kill her. She must be in the party when you approach him.