Skip to content

Stuck in Dragons Eye 5 Battle-Question

I just want to know that Im supposed to do something to change the tide of battle.

I figured after losing 2 times that it might be killing the Yxunomei yuan ti god to stop the major amount of pain and suffering.

On top of that I dont have a thief in this party and there are traps all over the place. I hope it doesnt get any worse.

So what is the strategy? Should I summon undead to just bum rush the god while my mages magic missile her and fighters bum rush to kill right away.

Any tips?

Comments

• ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    I've had success with sending a tank to hold off Yxunomei while the rest of my team took care of her minions with lots of AOE spells. I basically throw every spell I have at them then turn to her.

Make sure you cast every buff spell you have before going in and remember she needs +2 or better weapons to hit.

• CheryChocieCheryChocie Member Posts: 47
    Why don't you have a thief? There are a lot of traps, locked doors and areas where a hidden scout is awfully useful, Dragon's Eye being one good example.

As for tactics, the best way to deal with Yxonomei are summons to act as a meat shield, while you take out the adds as fast as possible. The most difficult adds to deal with are the 3 mages/priests that spawn in the corridor outside, you need to take them out as fast as possible before they confuse or stun your party, since you'll just flat out die if that happens. Use hasted fighters/archers as well as magic missiles from your mages to try and interrupt their spells and take them out as quick as possible.

Do not fight her in her room. This naturally funnels all the mobs in her room into a chokepoint. Wait until the mobs have all piled up and then have your Mages/Clerics/Druids (Whoever your nukers are) pile all your damage into that choke point, don't concern yourself with killing your summons, you can make more.

Once her adds are dead, Yxonomei herself is really not very difficult, she requires a +2 weapon to hit but there are several +2 weapons in Dragon's Eye (A Katana, Long Sword, Flail and +2 arrows off the top of my head) which can be used to hit her. Just haste your party and auto attack her to death.