Skip to content

Quick One: Roll Score Total?

Anyone know what the highest total roll score is during character creation? Appreciate it.

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    the max score is 108. But it's almost impossible. I don't think anyone ever scored a 108 without cheating.
    Getting more than 95 is very uncommon.
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    i hit 90 once so far but, well at least for my character classes in IWD:EE i am average mid 80's
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    So far my highest roll was 92, but even then that's usually more than enough stats for most of my characters. An average of 85 stats is usually what's needed for the essentials (Less if you redistribute and min/max, a party full of 3 charisma characters, yay!)
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Out of at least a couple of hundred rolls, 90 is the highest I've gotten. I think I might have seen a 96 at one point, but I clicked past it. :(
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

I think I might have seen a 96 at one point, but I clicked past it. :(

I hate it when I do that. My highest score so far has been 96.

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited November 2014
    Well, the stats are rolled 3d6(3 normal, cubic dice), so each stat gets a roll and the numbers are added up. If the total of all of the roll totals together adds up to less than 75 then the game rolls again until it gets 75 or more.
    The theoretical highest roll is 108; all 18's. The chances of this happening, however, are astronamical. The game has been out for what we CN now round up to 16 years and I don't believe there is any record of such a thing happening.
  • hexxactlyhexxactly Member Posts: 40
    101 is highest I've ever rolled for BGs or IWD. 94 is best I've rolled in IWDEE thus far.
  • SlickMajesticSlickMajestic Member Posts: 3
    Awesome. Had a 92 as the highest thus far. Appreciate the info you all. :)
  • InariiInarii Member Posts: 35
    102 for me, rolled it on my archer.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I think the highest I ever rolled was a 98. That was a good day. For the record, I wrote a program to simulate a hundred million rolls for the most favorable race/class combo I could think of, and the highest it rolled was 105. So somehow I doubt you'll ever see 108.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I once rolled a 96 point Jester. Toughest mark I ever took down.
  • hexxactlyhexxactly Member Posts: 40
    101 rolling since 1998-99.