Skip to content

Help with my characters!

So I've started a game. I'm playing on normal difficulty, and all in all everything's going well. But there are two characters in particular that I feel aren't carrying their weight. This is my party:

Gloin- Dwarven Defender. First into the fray, can tank like there's no tomorrow and dish out good damage too. Love this guy.

Wro'gar- Half-Orc Barbarian. Just...awesome. Double wielding long swords, this guy deals out the majority of the party's damage. Just a beast.

Arathiel- My bard. Just a pure, vanilla bard. She also doubles as my mage. Great for the conversations, the song bonuses, the magic casting. Just a great support.

Thela- Cleric of Tempus. Heals, turns undead, buffs my party, debuts enemies...what else can you ask for? A great addition to the party.

Now, here's the two problem characters:

Kni'veas- Assassin. I feel like he does some damage, but I thought his backstabs would do more? I mean, he's still at a low level. But do they pick up eventually? Btw, he single wields a dagger. All in all, he's not too bad, just feels a little...meh.

And here's the main culprit. Ithillien- Fighter/Druid. Wields a spear. I mean she's alright, but she can't hold her own really. She gets clobbered pretty fast, and can't really dish out damage. I'll usually start a battle with beast claw, and she does ok, but...she's pretty lacklustre. I like her because of the role-playing aspect, but is there something I can do to make her better?

Comments

• FrogmanFrogman Member Posts: 153
    Personally, I play my druid like a caster. I keep a sling and buckler in her hands and cast heals and spells like cloudburst and entangle.
  • hexxactlyhexxactly Member Posts: 40
    2 Tanks, Priest, Bard is all good. Doesn't seem like you're playing much of a range weapons game either. You'll need a trap finder/lockpicker long term, no big breaks. And another Mage/Druid type probably. Spell casters early game really aren't too great other than Clerics being Clerics.

Your assassin and fighter/druid will pick up eventually. I guess it's just what you prefer running and trying it. Being creative maybe.

I'm on my first IWDEE run through (finished the game with a few parties over past 10+ years). Currently running a Pally, a Defender, Priest of Tyr, Bard, and 2 shadowdancers... One to dual to fighter on Evasion and become my main archer. The other to dual to mage at 9-11 and run traps and picks until the other regains those abilities. In theory I'm looking for a grandmaster archer/scout/traps&picks with evasion and shadowdancing ability and mage with evasion, shadowdancing, and backstabbing abilities to use with the cool mage daggers in the game. All the while never needing a dedicated traps/picker taking up a character slot.