Skip to content

Expert IWD players, can you help me having fun with this game?

So, let me say that I loved BG saga and I'm used to play it modded, at high difficult and with min/max in mind.

Then, with IWDee I wanted to give a try to an infinity game that I have NEVER played before but, after a day of play at insane difficult and with a normal party (0 dual class or min max of any kind) I'm very disappointed.

The fights are always the same, horde of low AI monsters that jump at you hoping to kill your party. I had to wait the end Dragon's Eye to see 2 decents fight to play with, after that I quitted the game and I had to take a break.

Is there any way to improve my play experience? Will this get better later on or I should install a non ee version and add some mod to the game?

I was thinking to restart a lvl1 HoF run with a min/maxed party of dual classer but, again, just adding hp and dmg to hord of zombies/goblins/yeti can solve the problem?

Maybe this is not my game and that's all, I'm addicted too much to the sweet mages/liches fights that fighting a skelly is not my way to go, I'm a bit lost atm :p

Comments

• ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited November 2014
    The game is balanced for 6 characters on normal difficulty. Playing on Insane gives you twice the XP which actually makes the game much easier - yes you die more quickly but you have access to more powerful stuff faster so it doesn't matter. So I would recommend restarting on normal difficulty.

Even then if you're a very experienced BG player, it's not a difficult game. If you're looking for complex mage battles there are very few of these - a good thing IMO.

You'll definitely enjoy some of the fights in Trials of the Luremaster though ;)
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    One big reason why BG feels better is that we have a TON of very well tuned mods for it, especially SCS. Once people (hopefully!) start releasing such mods for IWD, I expect the fights to become a lot more entertaining.

Until then, Heart of Fury is probably the only option for some challenging gameplay.