Skip to content

New beta of The Divine Remix now available

CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
The Divine Remix aims to rebalance and change several aspects of divine-magic-using classes, such as clerics, paladins, druids, and rangers. Version 8, a beta release, is a major overhaul and restructuring of the mod. Notably, the sphere system has been moved into a stand-alone component, the code has been modernized to interact better with other mods, and the mod has been updated to work on the EE series of games.

If you read nothing else, read this: this is a beta release, and the sphere system is now optional. The v8 changelog:
  • Major, major rewrite
  • Sphere system broken out and made optional
  • Non-sphere versions of cleric kits created
  • IWDEE/BGEE/BGIIEE compatibility
  • Typos
  • Due to extensive text changes, the Polish and Czech translations have been withdrawn until they can be updated
  • Kitting creatures now accounts for priests in the BG part of the game; better checks also means no more install failures during the kitting process
  • Imported IWD spells have been withdrawn; go install IWDification instead
  • New spells broken into their own component, and given the option to install with or without overwriting similar spells from other mods
  • Kit remover cleaned up
  • Implemented better checks for high level abilities and holy symbols, mainly to better account for the variety of platforms now available
  • Fixed the kit.ids patching
  • Kitted clerics in IWDEE will have a kit-specific biography
  • Kitted clerics in EE games now have the default colors of their faith
  • Battleguards of Tempus will receive additional attacks for weapon specialization per warrior classes, but only on EE games
CahirronaldodibCrevsDaakGrammarsaladelminsterKamigoroshiBlackravenjtth

Comments

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @CamDawg this is wonderful, I've been waiting for this for ages:) Anybody got in touch with you about providing Polish translation? I've spread the word within Polish community about the need of updating it, I hope there will be some respond.
    CrevsDaakAedan
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    yarpen did the original Polish translation, but I haven't seen him around in ages.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    Great to see one of my favourite mods finally compatible with the EEs. Any chance that the HLA part could also be made an optional component? I'm quite fond of the HLAs I have now from the Refinements mod.
    CrevsDaakelminster
  • Graf_WasiliGraf_Wasili Member Posts: 60
    So there's a bug, cause moderate wounds appears in the spell book of druids upon character creation as level 1 spell. You can memorize it, but not cast it. Also the description says it's a lvl 5 spell. Actually it's a lvl 3 spell, isn't it?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @CamDawg

Notice what I believe is a bug.

In BGEE I could give a NPC a kit (Viconia as a Nightcloak for example) and on the character sheet would display the kits name.

In SoD all that shows is "Cleric". She kept the abilities and all. In EEKeep I see the kit. But now the Record screen doesn't show it anymore.

The same behavior happens for Glint and the Baravar kit (from another mod).
  • ZerguuZerguu Member Posts: 37
    I have similar problem with ranger kits: missing innates. Hotfix did nothing to resolve it.
    edited January 2017
    @CamDawg @subtledoctor (that I not certain if is one of the builder of this mod)

Think I found a problem at the Justifier kit:

It was supposed to gain +1 Hit and +1 Speed Factor every ten levels (starting at lv 1 with +1 Hit/+1 SF).

Just reached level 10 and I've notice that the Thac0 bonus still +1 and I've never got any SF bonus.

I was checking the a#justif.2da and I've noticed that the Hit bonus are being giving at levels 11, 21 and 31. No problem so far, probably I misunderstood the text on the kit description.

But there's nothing there related to Speed Factor.

Another thing: The Draw Upon Holy Might from the kit is using the same code as the Bhaal's innate. Is it supposed to be that way? Because the Cure Light Wounds isn't builded like that.

Last thing: I just noticed that the effect A#JUST01 gives 10% do both Stealth and Hide In Shadows. I honestly don't know if it is correct. The way I see it should be:

a) 10% to Hide and Shadows, 10% to Move Silently

or

b) 10% to Stealth.

This last point is more a curiosity of mine, I'm just learning to build mods so I'm probably wrong here.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @CamDawg @subtledoctor
    Posted this on the G3 website as well

I haveDRV8 installed in BGee &SoD V2.3

Only using oozemaster kit, no new spells, no spheres.
    His immunity to acid can be dispelled by friend and foe alike, it never returns. His immunity to poison is not affected.
    Any ideas?
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837
    edited March 2017
    Having problems in posting on G3, so hope that this will get through to them. I have applied the hotfix regarding special inate spells, and some of my clerics get them, but Firekeeper of Kossuth doesn't. I have found a work-around which is using EE Keeper. That will do until the hotfixes are updated. :)

In addition my Holy Justice of Tyr Cleric cannot use all the weapons that should be available, just club, quarterstaff and sling.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on

Okay, I've made a little hotfix for the non-sphere-system DR v8 kits. Before installing the mod, unzip the attached .tp2 file and copy it into the DR mod folder (replacing the existing one). Then install the mod.

@subtledoctor I happened to notice this hotfix. Do you remember what this fixed, kit wise? I am guessing not the oozemaster immunity issue I brought up? Just wondering if I should add it without knoingw what it would fix or if it would affect a future hotfix you mentioned.
    Wise_Grimwald
    @Zaghoul

Unrar the following .spl file and drop it in your override and divineremix/spl folder.

To get the immunity back you may try two things:

1) Downlevel back to level 8 and reup. So the game will read "lv 9" again and give you this.

2) Reinstall and fresh start your game.

It was just a matter of adjusting the spell flag. IDK if @CamDawg treats this effect as a magical or natural one, but being magical should be flagged as "Non-Dispel/Bypass Resistance" and being natural as "Nonmagical".

Both ways the effect can't be removed with dispel-like spells, but in the second method, you'll keep your immunity even in dead-spell zones.

I read the class description and understood that this is a metabolical change, so I've flagged as Nonmagical.

Anyway, that should do the trick.
    Zaghoul
    edited July 2017
    @Raduziel I'll add that and test it next time, thanks. :) In EEkeeper it is listed as able to be dispelled but changing it there does no good, always reverts. I always wondered if it just got listed as a spell effect somehow by mistake. @subtledoctor got it working in FnP (I tested it for a while) but as that mod is still being developed I was hoping for something that would work on DR alone.
    Zaghoul
    edited July 2017
    @subtledoctor Thanks. I didn't know you had one up already while I was testing FnP. :)
    Not sure which did it, but it is fixed, finally. As I had to reload all mods I first added the @Raduziel fix, then, after I noticed @subtledoctor hotfix I added that right after I installed DR.

So whichever it is , thanks alot. That's been a cause of restartitis for quite some time now. :)
    Raduziel
    Both solutions works, the difference is that @subtledoctor 's is a much more complete and elegant one.

The only difference is that he kept the effect as a magical one (if I interpreted his tp2 right), and I altered it to be a natural one.
    Zaghoul
    ZaghoulRaduzielWise_Grimwald
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    edited July 2017
    oghma kit didn't function for me even with the hotfix (wrong rate of gaining secret word spell (every 10 levels) and couldn't get holy symbol).
    i think putting "every-level" ability under "ability1" was messing up the holy symbol gain as well as rate of gaining of the "ability2".

also, oghma kit had two xvim markers in tp2 file, corrected those.

here is another tp2 hotfix file (drop it into divine remix folder before installing the mod) based on subtledoctor's previous hotfix file. hope it works for you as well!

EDIT-btw, is suspect kossuth kit might have the same problem since it has similarly constructed abilities, but didn't touch that one!
    Yeah, good finds. It's good to see this ol mod gettin patched a little bit, just the kits, while FnP is being fine tuned. The Kossuth kit would be nice as well. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Zaghoul
    @subtledoctor Thanks, I will as they show up, definitely. Your last hotfix was great. :) The OM is the only kit I use often so far, although I will look out for probs whenever I am using the Nightcloak for Shar whenever I have Vic in the group.
    edited July 2017
    @subtledoctor
    oghma kit got secret word every ten levels and but should be 5 (functioned like ability 2 instead of ability1). lore gain every level functioned normally. also, never got holy symbol at level 25.

i believe this is culprit:
    COPY ~divine_remix/2da/generic.2da~ ~override/a#ogma.2da~
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~KITBIL1~ ~a#og07~ // lay on hands as 1/5
    FOR (index = 1 ; index < 51 ; ++index) BEGIN
    SET_2DA_ENTRY 1 index 50 ~AP_a#og07~
    END

in your hotfix you changed KITBIL1 to KITBIL2 i think- that turned secret word into ability2 that was applied every 10 levels instead of every 5. instead, what should be modified is SET_2DA_ENTRY 1 into SET_2DA_ENTRY 2. this way lore gain will become ability2 and won't overwrite holy symbol effect that is included into ability1 segment and secret word will activate every 5 as intended under ability1.
    i think kossuth priests would have the same problem here, since they have the same code (specifically, they are the only other kit that has effect that applies every level, might be wrong here)

furthermore, i think this is wrong under oghma kit, it seems to be copied from xvim but not edited :
    OUTER_SPRINT kit ~CDXvim~
    OUTER_SPRINT symbol ~cdxvhly~

it should probably be:
    OUTER_SPRINT kit ~a#ogma~
    OUTER_SPRINT symbol ~a#og25~

hope this helps
    Post edited by trinit on
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Guys and gals, once we've got this sorted out I'm more than willing to ship it as v9 and throw it on Github for ongoing maintenance.
    ZaghoulRaduzielGrammarsaladGamingFreak
    @CamDawg that would be amazing, yes please! this mod is great, especially now that that it is modular!

btw, i wanted to ask what exactly does the component "cleric remix" does? one that is required for all kits? is it only modification for existing cleric kits or does it alter text in game and such? i'm asking simply to be aware of the possible conflicts with other mods that i'm using (i usually don't run heavily modded games but you never know).

I know i could take a look at the code, but it would take me quite some time to decipher, i am a newb that simply backtracks by using logic and comparing code, not a programmer at all. that is also how how discovered reported errors. thanks again for the great mod! :)
    trinit said:

EDIT-btw, is suspect kossuth kit might have the same problem since it has similarly constructed abilities, but didn't touch that one!

Just adding specifics as they show up.
    My test on Kossuth cleric showed his resistance to fire but not the Sunfire use that starts at lvl one.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Encountered a bug where after installing Battleguard of Tempus and Nightcloak of Shar components, and then installing the component to giving Branwen and Viconia the Tempus and Shar kits respectively, Viconia was incorrectly given the Battleguard of Tempus kit. This is in BGEE, for reference.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.