Skip to content

dwarven barbarian - proficiences

So... after few years it's time to play again. I want to create dwarven barbarian.
Starting proficiences:
Halberds ++
Two handed weapons ++
But i'm not sure which i should take at level 3 and 6. I was thinking about specializing in warhammers (for bash damage). What do you think?

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    yeah, crushing damage option is important. you can choose any blunt weapon, all are good picks.
    you can invest in two weapon style first because that is a safe bet.
  • laszlolaszlo Member Posts: 26
    Yea it's safe... but i can't imagine my barbarian without halberd, or two-handed mace/axe ;)
    (once while i was playing DnD with friend my barbarian lost his axe and was fighting with dagger and shield +1... it was sad, sad day)
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited November 2014
    unfortunately there are no two handed maces or axes in bg. only two handed weapons are swords, halberds, spears and quarterstaffs.

there are mods that adress this, but i don't know exactly what they're called. you should ask around.
    Yeah i know that. Still i'm going to use warhammers only if there is no other choice ;) Btw barbarian str bonus is amazing :)
    Barbarian Rage -> "You have successfully force the lock open!" aaand +1k gold at the beggining ;) Damn i missed BG.
  • dashteacupdashteacup Member Posts: 52
    If you want to keep using a two-handed weapon, you could use a staff for crushing damage. There's a +3 one for sale in Ulgoth's Beard.
    It's nice idea. But what next? Where should i put my skill points? In two weapons style? Or warhammers (but i won't need it after buying staff +3). I think i'll go with warhammers+ and two weapons style+ :)
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    You can choose mace too.

EE provide a cool mace, which can be found in Beregost very early in the game.
    Yeah i know, i remember :) But warhammers are more in barbarian style IMO ;)
    You mean mace with 25% for stun?[/spoiler]
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    If you want 2 handed crushing damage
    I guess quarterstaff are the way to go
    There is a plus three im the game. She that there are no 2 handed warhammers in the game
    Maybe there is a mod that adds them
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    I'd go invest in flails/morning stars and Two Weapon fighting if you plan on exporting to BG2, otherwise War-hammers are nice; the Aishideena is one of the best weapons in BG1 after all.