Skip to content

Suggestions For a Level 1 HoF Party

Title says it all. I have no reservations about my choices, I just don't know what to pick.
Answers would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ZyzzogetonZyzzogeton Member Posts: 526
    edited November 2014
    Have a way to summon something early game (Divine caster or Sorcerer) because there's a group of archers in Orc Cave which is incredibly aggressive, they all start chasing your party if even a single one of them sees your characters. The Totemic Druid's Class Ability does not count as it doesn't get buffed by HoF like other summons.

And unless you want to reload a couple of times or grind like crazy for the first dungeon even a Dwarven Defender will die because of how much HP HoF mobs have to outlast the DD's Defensive Stance. And that goes the same for the Blade using Defensive Spin who will go down even faster because of crits.

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Don't know if that helps, but that's the party I use.
  • Manveru123Manveru123 Member Posts: 52
    @Zyzzogeton What are you talking about? Of course Totemic Druids class summons are buffed just like all others.. This guy is the reason my level 1 hof run did not end in that goddamn orc cave.
  • Manveru123Manveru123 Member Posts: 52
    Interesting. I guess the summons scale well enough without the buff then.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    I summoned the Spirits multiple times and it checks out.
    I had trouble with HoF not activating well seemingly because I didn't push the difficulty level to Insane before. So, enemies and actually summons didn't do double damage, then they did but not the Spirits. Now, I know why.
  • ZyzzogetonZyzzogeton Member Posts: 526
    edited November 2014
    Summons don't do double damage, unless you have them attack party members.

Insane's difficulty modifier (and HoF, which uses Insane) is actually applied to damage received by party members and not all the damage monsters do. If you have one party member attack another you'll see them getting damage bonuses.

Same goes for when monsters attack summons, you won't see them getting bonus damage because summons aren't PC's.
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    There are many viable party composition of doing HoF mode, but keep in mind that players don't actually have to powergame to the max to beat the said difficulty.

Give your characters some flaws, once you're comfortable with the game. I sometimes have low strength, dexterity, or constitution on some of my characters. It certainly makes the game more interesting and more appealing as there are no more "18/18/18 str/dex/con with 3 charisma characters".
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    The Beetles (and Yoko!)!

Jester, Skald, Vanilla and 3 Blades. Take my word for it! Or don't.

(Incidently, if you keep the Jester usually invisible, spam summons, pile on songs and use the Blades like fragile Fighter/Mages... you'll still get swamped I'd wager, but non-HoF could work!)