Skip to content

IWD 2 Sound Sets?

ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
Anyone know where to find these? To clarify, I have IWD 2 installed, I seem to remember some sort of program that converts them into a form usable by the enhanced editions.

Edit: After a 30 minute search and a scary brush with malware from Softpedia I was able to find the program on Sorcerer's Place and got the files converted. Awesome!
Post edited by ReadingRambo on

Comments

• TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    edited November 2014
    @ReadingRambo‌
    What's the name of the program?

And would you mind going into details how you converted the files?

I really want to make a pair of drow for my IWDEE party, and there are 2 sound sets in IWD2 just perfect for that!

Also, is there any way to extract the portraits from IWD2 and then use them in IWDEE?
  • RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    A while back, there was a shared dropbox account going around for sharing custom portraits. One of the folders in that dropbox account has all the BG1/2 IWD1/2 and PST soundsets, including the npcs.

I was able to straight copy + paste some of the IWD2 sounds right into my sounds folder, but since they wouldn't play in a normal media player, I couldn't rearrange them to be in the correct EE order.

If someone has a list or something, that would help.
  • CasadoomCasadoom Member Posts: 68
    edited November 2014

Edit: After a 30 minute search and a scary brush with malware from Softpedia I was able to find the program on Sorcerer's Place and got the files converted. Awesome!

I actually used this program in the past but the voice files were not working when playing the game. They did work in the preview at the character screen and when previewing them in the Character Record Screen. Similar issue for BG1/BG2.

You also have this issue?

@Ramza: Found a link that seems to be working from the get go. You will find it below.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10985/iwd-iwd2-portraits-and-soundsets
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    edited November 2014
    The program is called Icewind Dale Voice Pack Converter by Greystar. Simply extract it into the IWD 2 sounds folder and double click it. It will rename them all in that folder, then you can copy/cut paste the files into the IWD EE sounds folder.
    Post edited by ReadingRambo on