Skip to content

ToB backstab viability, Assassin or Shadowdancer

HelminoHelmino Member Posts: 106
Heya all, like the topic title says, i want to ask to who ended ToB with a thief how are those two kit in combat in this portion of the game. Backstab immune enemy are too many? or backstab remain a valid strategy? and the two kit main difference stand in less micro and more micro? Poison of assassin is still strong at high level?
Probably using one of the 2 rogue mod, someone tested the new HLA of avenger mod? Some suggestion about good gear for combat efficienty is appreciated.
thank you all in advance!
PS: while i love the role play component i simply asking some advice ;)

Comments

• FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    are you using Rogue Rebalance?
  • HelminoHelmino Member Posts: 106
    edited November 2014
    Felspawn said:

are you using Rogue Rebalance?

Probably, i think is a nice mod
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I've heard nearly everything is backstab immune in TOB. I've only bothered to play through much of TOB a couple times as I find it a far inferior experience to SOA.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,521
    The claims are highly exaggerated. Only some of the bosses are immune and some creature types. All smaller mobs and many mages are still susceptible to backstabbing.
  • HelminoHelmino Member Posts: 106
    edited November 2014
    lroumen said:

The claims are highly exaggerated. Only some of the bosses are immune and some creature types. All smaller mobs and many mages are still susceptible to backstabbing.

Thanks, related to venom instead? is a good source of damage too? i dont remember where anyway but mages can easily spot you, is that true?