Skip to content

What happened to the possibility of adding new companions?

Hi! I used to play the first version of the game, and one of the best things about it was the fact that when you were loading a saved game it gave you the option to reform your party, all of it if you'd wanted to. Now I see that it just loads the game and that's it. I really would love to have that option again. Gave the game a feeling of freedom that no other games had (I mean of the series: BG, BGII) You build up the entire party and can change it if you don't like a certain character. Please give us that option again! Thanks!

Comments

• RadicalTedRadicalTed Member Posts: 10
    I thought we still could but I can only find the Reform Party option in Records that lets you remove people
  • OskyyOskyy Member Posts: 14
    You are right, I found out cause I forgot to make a rogue and when I tried to add it to my party...well I just couldn't...Guess that option was in IWD because in the previous games you could pick a new party member inside the game, but here you créate all playing characters.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Oskyy said:

You are right, I found out cause I forgot to make a rogue and when I tried to add it to my party...well I just couldn't...Guess that option was in IWD because in the previous games you could pick a new party member inside the game, but here you créate all playing characters.

Now if you want to do this you'd have to move your games save into the multiplayer save folder, load it up there, make the changes, and move it back to single player. On a plus note it means you don't have to go through two sets of loading every time you load the game (it used to be you'd load the game, get the character arbitration screen, and then have to load the game).
  • OskyyOskyy Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the idea elminster! Is a Little more complicated but at least I can reform my party. Anyway the tow sets of loading were very fast, it was almost like clicking twice. Well that will do for now, thanks for the answers!