Skip to content

IWD:EE HoF Solo Warrior Class Challenge

2»

Comments

• sasaxsasax Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2022
    Ok, valley finished.
    It was pretty hard, but I managed to clear last chamber. Tried to kite like 10 enemies at once and it worked after few attempts. I had to kite every immune to normal weapons monster into separate room and leave them there lol. It looked funny when i cleared whole area except one room, where i put all immunes.
    I made it by making them chase me, outrun them into corner and hide into shadows. They walked to the spot where they saw me last time and then stop chasing me.
    I just closed the door and they were on different party in different room.
    Yeti cleric was another issue due to immune to arrows, but i bought 30 fire olive from oswald and threw at her until she was nearly dead. After that i outrun her, hide in shadows and tried to attack her with magic weapon combined with invisible attack rolls bonus. After few misses i finally got her killed, but it was long fight.

After that i went to forgotten temple. Nothing special there, kiting most of the time. Verebergs hurt a lot when they come too close.

After that i went to mythical dragon eye.
    I honestly couldnt handle 5 snow trolls becouse of their immunity to normal arrows.
    By the way - lacking of +1 arrows are ridiculous in this game. There were literally like 20-25 +1 arrows for now + few fire arrows from skeletons.
    And i burned 8k arrows already.
    Immune monsters are the most frustrating thing when you play archer, thats for sure.
    It almost made me quit playing, archer is incredibly weak melee and you cant even 1v1 skeleton at level 10, not mentioning immues are stronger than regular monsters.

Luckily for me I hit level 12 just before going to dragon eye and i have level 3 druid spells.
    Call lightning did the job with trolls, but it was still hard to dodge them and wait untill spell kills them.

I'll write how it goes in dragon eye levels in next reply
    Post edited by sasax on
  • sasaxsasax Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2022
    Level 1 dragon eye finished.
    It took me 40 minutes to find a spot where i can even start fighting lizards, becouse it was no way to go through main entrance and just start fight lizards. Its insta death.
    Sadly its not possible to get them out of caves to the fresh air - would be much easier with call lightning. Funny fact - except for the last room near entrance to level 2 dragon eye, there is no safe spot in whole level 1 area where you can go hidden and save game/rest.
    Everywhere there was 1-2 lizards visible on the screen.
    I found a spot where only one lizard was visible and took him from distance.
    My archer is level 13 now and gained additional 0.5 attack, so its 4.5 attacks per round total.
    2 rounds and lizard is dead. Strong Lizards and Shaman Lizards require 3 rounds to be dead.
    Thaco is great with this char 90% of the time he hits.
    It looks incredibly amazing when you start to shot slow enemy(lizards are pretty slow)
    and they barely move to your direction, becouse they are constantly getting hit by arrows.
    Thats my favourite kind of fights.

After I took some lizards down and cleared patch i could kite whole groups and it was easy.
    The area with spiders was tricky, but i remembered from previous games where was exploited spot that you can block them
    Few spiders were immune, so after i block them i had to use 2hand sword - i could hit them from 2hand sword range, but they couldnt hit me.
    18/30 str with one star proficiency in 2h swords is really lame in hof mode, but after 30 minutes i hit all blocked spiders to death.

Lizard King was just like regular lizard, but more sustainable. After 20 arrows he was dead like others.

Going to level 2 now.
    Im afraid of trolls and immune spiders in there. If i remember correctly, you cant kite one enemy in this area. Whole group of +10 enemies are triggered if you trigger one. Might be hard, but we'll see!