Skip to content

Archer and two-weapon style

Why does my archer have ++ in two-weapon style from the beginning?
Screen: http://1drv.ms/1qr3mHa

Comments

• laszlolaszlo Member Posts: 26
    Oh, i didn't know that. There is nothing about it in archer description. My bad, i thought it's a bug.
  • TomarctusTomarctus Member Posts: 49
    The kit description does not note all the abilities of the pure class. If you check the ranger class description it should be mentioned. This makes it easy to miss, so don't feel bad about missing it =).
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    As @Tomarctus‌ said, and because Drizzt is ranger, and fight with two scimitar.

Longer answer here: http://forum.rpg.net/archive/index.php/t-591431.html?s=c3c9a45b70991b301f9a1a6b8a93b6f2
    If i remember correcty, his scimitars were under long-swords in classic bg?
  • SuiboonSuiboon Member Posts: 86
    laszlo said:

If i remember correcty, his scimitars were under long-swords in classic bg?

I think it was called Large Swords back then.
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    But as far as the story goes, Drizzt has always used scimitars. Even in his younger days in the Underdark, they were his preferred weapon in his training exercises.
  • gettincrzygettincrzy Member Posts: 21
    I know it is a bit off topic but I always preferred artemis over drizzt.
    Why is condition so important for ranger-based classes? While creating character, in abilities, constituion description:
    "This ability is important for Ranger".
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Presumption of primarily outdoor, live-off-the-land, lifestyle. At least that was the gist of the original DnD concept.

On a pragmatic level, it was also a way to limit the proliferation of rangers in the pnp game, back when every new player wanted to be Aragorn, and dice rolls were not optimized.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Rangers are probably the jack-of-all trades warrior class because of starting with 2 free pips. Because of those two free pips they can put 4 points to whatever the hell they want. Swords, hammers, flails, etc. If they put points in two-handed swords or bows and change their minds later and want to dual-wield, no problem, since with one pip in a single melee weapon they can handle it with moderate skill. They can also dual-wield effectively at a much earlier level because of the 2 free pips in Two Weapon Fighting. I'd go into detail more, but that would spoil my next Unofficial class/kit rundown coming up ;)