Skip to content

Two person party issue

My duo was going well and not getting challenged too much but then I hit Yxunomei and well things changed.

I have three major issues to this fight that I can see.

1 - Archers.....
2 - Domination type spells
3 - Dispelling all my buffs

Any strategy's to get past her?

Comments

• RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Unless you have AoE spells you're done for.
    Use summons, cast web, entangle, fireballs, spiked stones, lightning bolt (3 of those should clear the room (except for Yxie). Use Conlan's Hammer against Yxie.
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    edited November 2014
    about party myself would play with f\m and f\d (or kensage and bers\druid if duals).
    one of good strategies is
    1. Equipping two rings of freedom
    2. Casting an Web and Entangle on group of enemies, repeat if necessary.
    3. Enemies are disabled and can't move
    4. CHOP-CHOP! HULK SMASH! FEEL THE BACKHAND OF JUSTICE!
    To steal two rings in Kuldahar from Orrick and Arundel you'll need a 1 lvl thief which you can dismiss after that.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I retreated a bit and bottlenecked a doorway with her flunkies so she couldn't melee with me. I then took the AC hit knowing they would have a hard time hitting me and ranged her to death with +2 arrows and Messenger of Sseth.
    CaptRory
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    About Yxunomei fight in particular I think protection from arrows are handy there, biggest problems imho are traps and upper yan-ti which casts dispel at beginning, he should be killed immediately. Potions of clarity protects from most domination spells. And let me repeat, webs and entangle are your friends, amulet of fireballs (or something like that) is comrade too :D
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    decado said:

I retreated a bit and bottlenecked a doorway with her flunkies so she couldn't melee with me. I then took the AC hit knowing they would have a hard time hitting me and ranged her to death with +2 arrows and Messenger of Sseth.

Sounds like IWD EE does use the cheesy Yxunomei nerfed down introduced by HoW. She was a lot more fun to fight in vanilla IWD, before HoW. Back then she was immune to weapons below +3 (and there were almost no such weapons available to buy or to find, except for Conlan's Hammer).

Try to learn how to use lightning bolts. They might deadly to your party, but if you only have 2 members swallowing some potions of absorption (100% electric immunity) would make it fun.

CaptRory
  • ParadoxParadox Member Posts: 31
    I got past this using haste.
    Charged in fully buffed and we destroyed Yxunomei, I lost one character in the fight and the one was damaged.

I had him swallow a haste potion after the dispel and run for it, ran half way back to the entrance and healed up. Then I ran back and past the chasing mobs to the fight room, ressed the mage and hit the door way with the control spells 2x web and 1x grease.

After that 2x skull traps and 2x ice storms and not much left of the mobs, just clean up.