Skip to content

Is an Archer (kit)/Mage possible? (IWD EE)

helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
I ask because I cant dual my Archer (kit) as a Mage. I am not sure if I did something wrong with stats or if it is not possible to dual rangers. The weird thing is that the game allows me to dual into a cleric, but not a mage, so it seems to be something with stats, but then I edited the stats with EE Keeper to no avail...

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Ranger can only dual into a cleric. Mages can be dualed or multied alongside fighter, thief, or cleric
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, archer is a ranger kit. Ranger/mage is not a valid multi class combination so you can not dual-class such. There was a mod for bg that added a new kit called 'generic archer' it was quite like the archer but it was a fighter kit. So it was duallable into mage. Not that this helps with ee, ofcourse. Unless the mod was updated.

Basically you can dual into a mage from fighter kits (I am not %100 sure about the wizard slayer, it would be weird) cleric kits, and thief kits. But that's all. Mage does not mix with druid, ranger, and monks/barbarians/paladins/bards are not multi-dualable anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Thank you lads. Time to use ee keeper