Skip to content

Real time timers

nioniosbbbbnioniosbbbb Member Posts: 17
edited November 2012 in Original BG2 Bugs
I dont truly know if it is a bug or not but in any case i have encountered cases where the real time timers are just TOO LONG. For example the timers for Jaheira's encounters but mostly the second encounter with Elminster takes like 5 days? Another time that is just TOO LONG is the Aerie Pregnancy Timer which is the second longest real time timer. I understand the ingame timers that can be shortened through continued resting but the real time timers can only be shortened through CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(*Number of seconds e.g. 7200 for 2 hours*). Gamers nowadays dont have that much time which can make them ignore a huge part of the game which is the romances. I dont know if it already is mentioned here in this section however i think it deserves some attention.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    edited September 2012
    i find in general the real time timer conception is a flawed mechanic to begin with. It breaks the whats they call it, the "fourth wall", there should be only one time, the ingame time. Just stop resting advance the timer.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    Uh, should we be discussing Baldur's Gate 2 already?
  • nioniosbbbbnioniosbbbb Member Posts: 17
    Why not i mean the development of BG 1 EE is over with right?