Skip to content

Flaming Fist Fights

I am surprised I never did this but thinking back to my plays all those years ago I am fairly sure I didn't.

On BG2 nothing I liked more than fighting the Cowled Wizards to a stand-still and having them finally give up attacking me.

Does this work the same way with Flaming Fist attacks?

Comments

• dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Nope. Its kill or be killed once you trigger them. ...or run away, but have them still ready to kill you when you come back through a week later.
  • ParadoxParadox Member Posts: 31
    Yes but if you DO kill them, and then kill the next lot and the next lot, etc etc, do they finally give up attacking you like in BG2?
    Pretty sure not. And your rep will get so low that they will be seeking you out as you walk in the streets of Beregost and Baldur's Gate.

I'm just going to assume that you don't care that any Good characters will desert you.

BTW, there are a FEW Flaming Fist...um...rogues?...that you CAN kill without a rep hit. The one guy attempting 'frontier justice' on a certain attractive recruitable NPC, and the squad of three idiots that can't tell a bandit from a bumpkin. Nice armor if you win.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    As reputation drops you also start getting militia/bountyhunters attacking you when you get to towns. I like that vigilante touch a lot
  • ParadoxParadox Member Posts: 31
    So this idea is not really working. I thought I would be able to keep Neutral characters as well as Evil but seems not also these Flaming Fist attack squads are a lot tougher than I thought.
    Yes, you should be able to keep Neutrals. But the goon squads...er...swat teams get really bad quickly when you are in town.

See: http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Reputation
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Is it still easy to inexplicably trigger two or 3 groups st a time? I don't mind dealing with the law, but 3 groups at once was tough even for my best combat builds.