Skip to content

Charname Concepts

Hi BG community!
I'm not active here but have played through BG many many times. I think I own about 4 copies of SoA & ToB and 3 of the original.
I'm struggling to come up with a refreshing new character concept.

Currently I'm running a 'shadow druid' avenger with TeamEvil - korgan, viconia, eddy Dorn & Hexxat. Though as a druid I'm a bit 'in the middle'- wondering if I should have went Shadow Monk or Talos Priest.

However for a good team I want to go away from my typical goodie goodie cavilier and try out neera and the new monk. Probably take Keldorn and Jahera too and Jan. But main character eludes me - Priest of Lathender seems a bit monodimensional to me though I suspect I need more healing. Ideas?

Another crazy idea for team evil is to have a CE cultist of Bhaal though I don't know how I'd implement that.

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited November 2014
    Healing is really not an issue in bg2. There are potions of extra healing in stacks, rods of ressurection and scrolls of restoration that anyone can use, and at high lvls a good planetar summon can do all the necessary healing in a pinch. Jaheira can be enough with the occasional cure spell or two, you don't need to play a cleric if you don't want to. Cavalier is nice to have but Undead hunter is very capable too, there are lots of level draining foes in the game and undead hunters have it very easy. I think Undead hunter's immunity to level drain far outweighs Cavalier's bonuses, in terms of usefulness.

For the chaotic evil Bhaal cultist you can play as an assasin dualed into a fighter. Or stay a pure assasin for the delightful x7 backstab modifier. You can go shadowdancer, it is a very unique kit that offers lots of new gaming options that no other kit can compete:hide in plain sight, shadowstep and especially, the new shadowdancer hlas are all very unique and help make your pc feel special, as he should be.
  • PhototoxinPhototoxin Member Posts: 23
    Oh I never thought about shadowdancer...