Skip to content

Bp2 Tier 3 advice?

I'm going against Leah Redsun and her 5 Greater Bone Golems next, any advice on how to handle the fight? Seems like a pretty tough one.

Here's what I'm rolling:
Human Inquisitor (dual-wielding longswords, Equalizer & Blackrazor)
Dwarven Defender (tank, axes & hammers)
Half-Elf Dragon Disciple
Human Stalker (spears and longbow)
Human Priest of Helm
Half-Elf Shadowdancer (pretty much anything goes)

All equipped with +3 or better.

1st of all, the golems. What weapons do I need? Their Magic Resistance? Any way to disable one or more of them? I know they can dish out loads of dmg in a very short amount of time, being strong and having amazing THAC0.
Secondly, Leah herself. She's probably a mage? Is she multiclass, like cleric? Is she undead? Any abilities? Anything else? Resistances?

Comments

• MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    I used Turn Undead. She chunked. Unexpectedly easy.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited November 2014
    Well I don't remember this battle at all, so I think I have passed it at first try and without problems. A few general advice:

+3 and better weapons are enough for golems, you may prefer crushing weapons since they are bone golems. Golems always have %100 magic resistance. Magic is useless against golems unless the spell bypasses magic resistance. Or you lower their magic resistance whic may not be practical.

Leah is a pure mage class and I think she is undead, so disrupting weapons (if you have any) or a protection from undead scroll (do the vendors sell them?) may work well.

Some tactics for your party members:

Inquisitor:Get a true sight up and running at the start of the battle and dispel magic Leah at first opportunity. Do NOT rush into fight, don't play the knight, greater bone golems should be occupied with your summons, before you send him in to attack.

Dwarven defender:use hammers against golems, wait and attack after your own summons, use defensive stance if golems start attacking you.

Dragon disciple:well I have no idea what spells he has, but haste or better, improved haste your party. Attack with melf's minute meteors. Dispel Leah's spell protections and keep breach handy. With stoneskin+mirror image and protection from magical weapons, you can tank bone golems better than your dwarven defender. If you have fireshield red active they may even hurt themselves. (Are they immune to fire, I am not sure) A mordenkainen sword or two can tank golems forever. Well, at least until the spell duration runs out, but that's something.

Stalker-dispel arrows on Leah when she is not protected from magic weapons. Use high enchanted arrows on her when her defenses are gone for quick/safe kill.

Human priest of helm-Summon. Start summoning at the start of the battle and don't stop. Summon skeleton warriors and aerial servants, they should tank golems. Send in one summon to enemies to see if Leah can death spell it. If she does she will waste her spell on one summon, and then you can send in other summons. Remove fear/death ward/free action/mass cure others as needed.

Shadowdancer-uhmmm, he can...well, he should at least look pretty. Really, thieves are kinda useless against golems and undead. Still he is the most expandable member in this fight and can act as an emergency meat shield or suck up a nasty spell or two.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Ok, I got through it, although my Dragon Disciple was the only one alive after the fight..XD Also kicked some demilich-butt(they don't have one but...) using spell immunity abjuration, protection from energy and freedom to keep summoning back my fighters, and the dragon was pretty easy.

Now, how do I kill those Bhaalspawn?

@lunar If my DD is missing a spell I need, I'll just buy a scroll..;) And I'm using that Shadowdancer to shoot arrows mostly. He's not very good at it but it's something.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    The bhaalspawn are pretty tough if they transform. You can prevent this by killing them very quickly, or by killing in time stop (this is what I do).
    @FinneousPJ I tried Improved Alacrity+Time Stop on my last time but I guess I need to drop IA. He went for the Ravager Transformation before I could finish casting TS and suddenly he was immune to everything! Im gonna retry that tactic now though.
    They transform at around 60 % HP (I guess), so avoid dealing heavy damage until you're ready to deal the killing blow.
    Went with TS+IA+Chain Contingency(ADHW x3) and finished with a Comet. One Bhaalspawn died instantly but the Slayer sister survived that(thief, so I blame saving throws). But well, had my DD tank the slayer with that poison immunity amulet, summons to occupy the cultists and just hacking away with other chars. The rest was pretty easy.

Now, the Planar Hunters. Wth?!? Bannor alone would be a formidable opponent! I dealt with Joker but she seems the easiest one from the group, should I have weakened the others as well?
    I leave bannor last usually. You can thin their numbers with a quick dispel and then taking out the lower HP ones, like Joker. Then launch everything at Winged to kill her quickly and avoid vorpal.