Skip to content

[Windows] Pathfinding of Easthaven Boy on Bridge / Dialogue Post-Quest

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
edited November 2014 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
An extremely minor bug here, but probably a quick fix if deemed worth it.

Observed: When crossing the bridge in Easthaven, the boy who had his fish stolen by goblins first runs to the right side of the bridge, then redirects to the center before approaching your PC. He also continues to yell "Help! Monsters!" even after you've helped him.

Expected: I compared with the original game. Something seems to be off with his pathfinding. He should run directly forward toward the PC. Also as in the original, I would think he'd cease yelling for help after you get his fish back.

Notes:
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X 990 @ 3.47GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 12278MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series Graphics Card

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @HaHaCharade‌

GENERALLY, Pathing issues are not something the devs can bugfix. I know back in the BG1 days there were threads specifically stating that pathing issues could not be fixed...I don't know if this stems back to their contract with TSR about not modifying the original game or if it was due to not having the original art work and thus they couldn't re-render the zones to fix issues of this nature or if there's another technical issue I am forgetting, but the end result was back then it was noted that there was a technical impossibility to fix pathing issues.

Whatever the reason, I suspect either fixing pathing would be too much work within IWD or they have the same technical / contractual issues with IWD as they had with BG1...more likely the latter than the earlier.

That said, I'm kinda glad they can't/don't fix pathing issues as bugs...these games are RIDDLED with pathing problems...this board would explode overnight. :)