Skip to content

Confused as to content

yeahyeahyeahyeah Member Posts: 6
Is BG:EE baldurs gate 1 + expansion, or is BG:EE baldurs gate 1 + expansion (tosc) AND baldurs gate 2 + expansion (tob)?

Thanks

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    just BG1 plus TotSC, and then the new content they've added (Dorn, Neera, Rasaad, The Black Pits). The BG2 content will be released as BG2:EE, and include Throne of Bhaal along with any new content they create for that.
  • yeahyeahyeahyeah Member Posts: 6
    ok thanks. sounds like it going to be a staged process then
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Uses the mechanics from BG2, so you'll have access to all the class kits, the extra classes (Monk, Barbarian and Sorcerer), weapon proficiencies etc. So it's kinda the BG campaign slammed into BG2 engine and then polished and upgraded.
    there is a big mod that lets you play bg1 and then play bg2 straight afterwards without having to switch games (though i not got as far as bg2 yet)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I believe the ultimate goal is to allow players to do that here as well, without requiring a mod to do it. Although I seem to recall there being more to BGTrilogy than just both games being in the same launcher...
    yeah there was a lot more to bgt. it added fantastic amount to the game, but it was tricky to install and couple of things were, couldn't play bigger screen resolution than the original and also the skeletons didn't throw their throwing daggers (bg:ee better of fixed that lol). i know there were a mod to increase screen resolution but i could never get that to work.