Skip to content

Delainy/Durlyle Same-Sex Romance Options Mod v0.91

amyaeamyae Member Posts: 71
edited May 2016 in BG:EE Mods
This is a simple mod to spawn Delainy for female PCs and/or Durlyle for male PCs. I know the whole Delainy/Durlyle thing isn't much of a romance, but it still doesn't have to be straight by default.

Updated 2016-05-03 with script fixes for the "always spawn Delainy" option.

COMPONENTS:

Delainy/Durlyle Same-Sex Romance Options
- Changes to the Balduran's Isle script (AR2000.BCS) affecting whether Delainy or Durlyle spawns.
- Should work with any game language, since there are no dialogue changes.

Dialogue Fixes
- Minor changes to Delainy and Durlyle's dialogue files (DELAINY1.DLG, DURLYLE1.DLG, DURLYLE2.DLG) to check for the protagonist's gender.
- Adds a variable (AE#DelainyIsFemale or AE#DelainyIsMale) to indicate whether Delainy or Durlyle spawned. This is mainly intended for modders so NPC dialogue can be tweaked to check for Delainy's gender.
- English-language only.

Tested on BGEE 2.1 for Steam on Windows XP. If you find any bugs, gendered dialogue I haven't fixed yet, or crossmod conflicts, please let me know!

TODO:
- Cross-platform installation options.
- BGT/TuTu compatibility. (Decided not to worry about this unless there's a demand for it.)
- Better crossmod functionality.
Post edited by amyae on

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    A very interesting project - well done! :)
  • amyaeamyae Member Posts: 71
    I just uploaded v0.2 beta, which contains the script changes as well as dialogue fixes to check for the protagonist's gender. (There were actually fewer changes than I thought there would be, as Delainy's dialogue already had checks for the PC's gender in most places. I wonder if Durlyle was a later addition?)

The script changes should work with any game language, as no dialogue is affected. The dialogue changes, which are a separate install option, are English-language only. Changing the gender references in other languages is beyond my expertise, but if someone else wants to do dialogue fixes in another language, I'll happily add it to this mod.

The dialogue fixes component also adds a variable, AE#DelainyIsFemale or AE#DelainyIsMale, to note the obvious. This is mainly intended for modders; I can't directly alter mod dialogue, but modders who want to make romance conflicts compatible with DDSSROM can easily check for Delainy's gender and make dialogue tweaks.

If you install this mod and can let me know a) if I missed any references to the PC's gender, and b) if you run into any bugs, that would be wonderful! Even if the bug or dialogue problem is due to an interaction with another mod, please tell me. I usually run a heavily modded game and would like to make DDSSROM as mod-friendly as I can.
    Updated to v0.9.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    That's great! Thank you :)
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I played around with this a while ago, and it worked...until the party fled the island at the end, at which point I encountered Durlyle helping me escape after having been with Delainy. Anyone else had that problem?

I played around with this a while ago, and it worked...until the party fled the island at the end, at which point I encountered Durlyle helping me escape after having been with Delainy. Anyone else had that problem?

I'll test it out. Could you post your WeiDU log if you're using other mods, please?
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    amyae said:

I'll test it out. Could you post your WeiDU log if you're using other mods, please?

No dice, I'm pretty sure the last time I used this was before I switched computers. And I've had difficulty getting any BG:EE mods to work since the patch.
    OK, did some testing on an otherwise unmodded installation and realized I made a stupid mistake in the script files for the "always spawn Delainy" option. Sorry about that! Will post a quick fix shortly. Thank you for letting me know, @Abi_Dalzim !
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Thank you very much for this mod @amyae *^_^* !!! - it works perfectly with SoD installed, too. It would be so nice if there would be something like that for all possible romances in BG/SOD/BG2.