Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been announced! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to pre-order, apply for the Head Start and check for details. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

infinite casting

Hi

I'm trying to make a spell castable infinite times per day but the only way I've found to do that is to apply opcode 316 to it and that would have the unwanted side effect of making everything else castable infinite times per day as well.

So I'm looking for a better way via scripts but I can't find an action to restore a spell that has been cast... is there one that I'm missing? Or can anyone think of some other way to implement this?

Comments

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 8,261
    edited December 2014
    Yes, and it's actually rather simple, assuming you're talking about an innate ability, which is how I've done it. You make the ability as usual, a 1x/day ability. Then apply an effect (in the spell's 'Global Effects,' not in the 'Abilities') using the 'remove spell' opcode (125? 145? somewhere around there) and referencing the ability itself. Then add another Global Effect with the 'add innate ability' opcode (around the same place) again referencing the ability itself.

For a concrete example, install only the Wizards component of my Scales of Balance mod and take a look at my cantrips. They can be cast every 18 seconds but you can remove the delay to make the ability truly at-will.

You can play around with this technique, for instance to toggle between two abilities. I do that to make the barbarian walking speed bonus something you can turn on and off at will; and to allow monks to toggle between enchanted and unenchanted fists.

AllbrotherCrevsDaak
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,064
    You can do this with memorized spells as well with opcode 261. Ensure the params match your spell and then put the spell name in the resource key.

If it's an innate, use subtle doctors method; if it's a normal spell, use this one

AllbrotherCrevsDaak
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,064
    Let us know if you have any trouble

wubble