Skip to content

Much fun was had....

ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
Busy workin through lower dorns deep and having alot of fun so far! umberhulks are a bit tricky tbh! normally have to just block them off with summoned, and range them down.

However went into malavons penthouse suit in HOF mode (party roughly lvl 12).

Really enjoyed this fight! Was very tough going.....he nearly got me. Infact he did kill 2 of the party, but i managed to get around his sneaky tactics :)

Infact i attempted to take out his umberhulks first with an aoe gas spell, which didnt work, but ....resulted in the golems chargin me one at a time. All the dorfs turned hostile....which could be bad for the story, down theline.....will find out!

He almost took out 4 of my party, barely managed to keep up 2 of my tanks. Eventually one them managed to take him on in melee......he wasnt so good at that!

He stone killed my pally, which was irritating! as when I got him back to flesh, his bag of holding had vanished!
which i assume is a bug?

Hope some the other fights are as fun as this one )

Probably more efficient ways of doing this fight, but I enjoyed that hangin off the edge of a cliff feeling lol

Anyone else enjoy this fight?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Yeah iwd game has cool tactical boss fights, the difficulty is often in the terrain and enemy numbers/placement/maneuverability, rather than the brute strength of the enemies. Pomab battle is also another high light.

In bg2 such smart tactical placement is gone, however enemies are really strong and scary and play smart. (Especially, with scs!) Malavon fight reminds me of a higher level, and crazier, battle with Davaeorn back in bg1.
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Yeah, love to beat up Mal :) It's kind of the highlight of lower Dorn's.
    Another fun badge fight is with Ilmadia :)

Too bad you lost your bag of holding, that really sounds like a bug...
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    well tbh, am sure it is a bug, so i will replace it via save editor.

I mean really, is the bag of holding organic/sentient? (thus killable with turn to stone) No i highly doubt it....

So i feel i can replace it guilt free with a save editor.....

if am wrong plz feel free to say so ))
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178

well tbh, am sure it is a bug, so i will replace it via save editor.

I mean really, is the bag of holding organic/sentient? (thus killable with turn to stone) No i highly doubt it....

So i feel i can replace it guilt free with a save editor.....

if am wrong plz feel free to say so ))

I'm not sure if this is the case, but some (or maybe all) bags in bg were trasfered to main character if a party member left (which being petrified mechanically is). So check your party if another character has it. If not then it's most likely a bug.
  • by_the_swordby_the_sword Member Posts: 42
    I think you lose rep when you kill the blind Sverfs, but you can still deal with the ones outside the area. If you make it to the Svirfneblin village, they have a cleric whom you can donate gold to to get it back up to 11.

Those little buggers tend to get underfoot. There a place where you help a little girl Svirf and she follows you into an encounter. I think I fireballed her to death without even realizing she was there. Poor kid.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

I think you lose rep when you kill the blind Sverfs, but you can still deal with the ones outside the area. If you make it to the Svirfneblin village, they have a cleric whom you can donate gold to to get it back up to 11.

Those little buggers tend to get underfoot. There a place where you help a little girl Svirf and she follows you into an encounter. I think I fireballed her to death without even realizing she was there. Poor kid.

Can only raise rep to 8 via temple I'm pretty sure.
    edited December 2014
    I tried to sleep in the oubliette and got attacked by underhulks, pally got confused and started killin gnomes again!

Hes now fallen undead hunter. IF i dont bother to solve this status.....does he still absorb exp at same rate as a fighter or higher?

Might have to give him the sack :)

AM right in thinkin theres no legit way to replace him? no recruitable chars?

(may just reload the save and avoid this situation)

yes i think bag got moved to another char.....which is odd cos that toon got stoned too. SO dunno why bag wasnt on someone else /shrug
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

I tried to sleep in the oubliette and got attacked by underhulks, pally got confused and started killin gnomes again!

Hes now fallen undead hunter. IF i dont bother to solve this status.....does he still absorb exp at same rate as a fighter or higher?

Might have to give him the sack :)

AM right in thinkin theres no legit way to replace him? no recruitable chars?

(may just reload the save and avoid this situation)

yes i think bag got moved to another char.....which is odd cos that toon got stoned too. SO dunno why bag wasnt on someone else /shrug

No atonement ip that I know of so can't fix the status.

Can continue as a paladin with 0 abilities. Same xp table as a paladin. No grandmastery. Basically a paladin but no abilities.

Can kick and continue with party-1 or kick and transfer the save file to mpsave and create a new character. If you start "how" and make a new character and export it'll be level 9 so not as far behind. Afterwards you can transfer the save back to single player.

Or just reload a previous save and save the hassle ...
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I would try and live the consequences. Makes the game more memorable.

I would try and live the consequences. Makes the game more memorable.

would feel a bit like fielding a soccer team with a spastic in the side.....ie I would be carrying dead weight.

tbh i was starting to be underwhelmed by this char anyway. Have done the main undead areas, and as there arnt any vampires to deal with dont think having an undead hunter was that crucial.

I do get your idea that keeping him is good roleplay.....but my min-max ocd muscle is twitchin here!

will cogitate some more on the matter.

edited December 2014
    what an epic fight the priests room[lower dorns deep] is on HOF !

My strategy for the room went `tits up` when my archer got takenout the fight by the greater mummies.

I was really strugglin the whole fight from then on! BUt what a scraP :)

Think it took about 2.5 hrs to clear the room!

luvved it )
  • MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167
    Not entirely on topic but how in the nine hells did you manage to be only level 12 in Dorn's Deep HoF!?

Are we talking about multi-class characters here? But even then it's pretty low...

Or did you turn on HoF just for that fight?
    edited December 2014
    yeah multi class. Think the ave party member had circa 2.5 mil to 2.8 mil xp

Just cleared out the giants in jorils area on hof and broke through 3m barrier.

NOt gonna bother handin in the 6 badges right now am off back to How for fun and frolicks

Them damn fish mongers/peasants in easthaven can get sucked into the abyss, ive got places to go and folk to chit chat with :)

ummm btw i turned on hof after i beat the lich. ...and done some of HOW, so the numbers are all weird.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Looking forward to Dorn's Deep myself. I recently finished Severed Hand for the first time, and other than the fun and challenging fight on the first floor where the machine part was resting, it was pretty easy to clear the place out. I suppose it evened out since I got pretty crappy loot minus the Ring of Strength.

Before I do Dorn's Deep though I'm basically making the pilgrimage to lonelywood for my Monk's sake. Then after a few quests head back and do Dorn's Deep.