Skip to content

In BG2 there were special abilities when you got to your later levels !

I don't see anything like those in IWD1 Like mages got acuity ( cast spells immediately after another)
they also got those energy blades and dragon breath and comet.

Clerics got a lot of awesome special abilities as well

these were when you got to very late game and were very high levels.

So my question is did they remove these in IWD and if so why? and if so I guess I will have to use items to increase my casting speed?

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    They weren't removed; High-Level Abilities weren't in the original Icewind Dale.
  • michael1324michael1324 Member Posts: 26
    @jALILY Well that was my question I am playing IWD 1 for the first time. I played BG1 and BG2 SoA/ToB so my question was do they have them in this game. But I guess you just answered it for me,

But do they have them in Ice Wind Dale 2 ?
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    It is possible to enable HLA in IWD EE like in BG2 EE.
    It's even possible to make a single-use innate ability to choose a class ability to gain, like choosing a feat in NWN.
    @kENSAI what is HLA? Also I am curious if we get those special abilities normally without cheating. Also is IWD 2 the same? Or do they add special abilities
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228

@kENSAI what is HLA? Also I am curious if we get those special abilities normally without cheating. Also is IWD 2 the same? Or do they add special abilities

Hla it's those special abilities that you receive in bg2 then you hit appropriate level - whirlwind, summon deva, use any item and others. You can 't get them in iwd without little cheating with override.
    There are no hla in iwd2.
    @ kensai thanks for the info man that's a let down I wish they left them in game. For mages that acuity really made a huge difference.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    HLA means "High Level Abilities".